Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you provide gym equipment in your listing?

885424623293562192-18 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

As people are turning towards a healthy lifestyle, it might be interesting to include gym or yoga equipments to the listing. I'm curious to know if the hosts in our community provide any fitness gear for guests? 

Do you go with simple equipments such as dumbbells 🏋🏻, yoga mats 🧘🏻‍♀️ or treadmills 🏃? 

How do your guests react to having such fitness amenities?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,
Elisa

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
155 Replies 155

Hi Elisa,

No I haven't heard of other hosts dealing with this kind of situation. I just prefer not to take on the risk, mostly because the house has a kids room and I don't want them to hurt themselves if they get overly curious with a treadmill or weight bench. I also don't offer bikes because the house is on a hill and though it is fun, from personal experience. I imagine someone getting a little too adventurous and hurting themselves that way too. Just my take on it. 😁 

彥智0
Level 2
永康里, Taiwan

Yes,  we provide Flywheel at the home stay.

Hi @彥智0 😊

Thank you for sharing this here! 

That's marvelous, it's the first time I’ve read about this. 😍

How did you come up with the idea? Are your guests happy about that?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@彥智0 What's a Flywheel? 

Hi Antonio,  I’m not sure ! I bought it a few days. Maybe a month ago, I will share you a good news.

Hi @彥智0 ,

That's amazing! 😍

Don't hesitate to let us know if you recommend this by starting a new conversation here.

I'm sure other Hosts would appreciate this suggestion!

Warm regards f🌻,

-----

Oh nice! Thank you.

Hi Elisa, thank you for your question.

I provide a simple yoga mat along with a pair of dumbbells, that's it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @Shreetoma0 😊

Thank you for participating!

That's very nice. Do your guests use them?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Tom4518
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I don't provide gym equipment because of the liability if someone hurts themselves. Sure, I have insurance for such matters, but I'm sure it's a major pain and I'd prefer not to find out. It's so easy for someone to hurt themselves by straining too hard (hernia), dropping plates on their feet, using them improperly, etc, etc. 

Hi @Tom4518 😊,

I get your point, it makes sense to prioritize safety and avoid potential liability!

Have you noticed if guests typically seek out other ways to stay active during their stay?

Warm regards🌻

-----

Sheryl39
Level 2
Nashua, NH

People come to my house for its connection to the outdoors: hiking, biking, kayaking and skiing. I provide links to trails and also places where they can rent equipment. There is a yoga mat in one of the bedrooms, but I don't think anyone feels bereft about the lack of a gym. That's not why they come to Sunapee, NH!

Hi @Sheryl39 😊,

You offer fantastic outdoor options for your guests! 😍

Do you find that guests often take advantage of the trails and rental locations you recommend?

Warm regards🌻

-----

דליה1
Level 2
Holon, Israel

I only have few little things for yoga but near by for free has equipment but it is a good idea to have