Double bed or singles?

Lois32
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Double bed or singles?

Hi

I'm thinking of letting my large guest bedroom out. Currently it has a queen sized sofa bed in it which I'm planning to sell but is it better to get a large double/queen in there or would you get two single beds?

Thank you

49 Replies 49
Kadek54
Level 1
Kintamani, Indonesia

i think 1 queen bed much better

Jason2412
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

Good question! Much depends on the kind of guests you expect to host and if you are located in place ‘couples’ might prefer. Personally, I would get (2) singles as a couple won’t mind being apart for a night or two - but two friends traveling might not feel comfortable sharing a bed. I would defer to having flexibility.

Kate-and-Nathan0
Level 1
Bellingham, WA

Another suggestion if you have the space would be to do a bunk bed with a queen on the bottom and a single on the top. That would be more versatile and appeal to all kinds of travelers, including maybe someone with a child. Good luck!

If you have the space I would choose a kingsize bed. 

Jhoccio0
Level 2
Longview, TX

Stick with a queen, or a king that fits comfortably. Keep the space spacious. If you really want more people to be in your place, you can always put a pull out twin mattress  at the bottom of your king or queen set up.

Best of luck

Jodi476
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Hi,

I know a few others have said this, but I would put a king size bed in the room.  

Ljiljana43
Level 2
Guelph, Canada

Great question! If you have one bedroom, I  would always go to max size bed ( king, queen or double) that would fit in with 2 night tables/ shelves on the sides. I wouldn’t put larger bed if needs to go against wall on one side, and no room get in/ out on both sides.

If this is your second, third etc bedroom can have 2 single for flexibility or sofa bed and  single bed if fits. When I book personally look for big bed and if a group where there two singles, they like separate rooms ie  bedroom and living room

A really comfortable queen (king would be better) would be great.  I wouldn't go with two smaller beds in my humble opinion...

Lucy1014
Level 2
Surry Hills, Australia

Opt for a Queen or King size bed, considering the room's size. Charging a premium for these larger beds adds a touch of luxury, attracting individuals seeking comfort or couples. Having two singles might attract a more budget-conscious market, such as students and younger travellers. So, I guess it comes down to the type of guests you want to target in your marketing.

Depending on the target of guest hosting. Preference would be for a king or queen bed. 

Hi,  I prefer two single bed , maybe two friends share the room  

Manideep1
Level 1
Hayward, CA

I'd do two singles, just in case two friends want to share the room. If its a family they can move the beds close and make a bigger bed. 

Katina27
Level 1
Elkton, MD

I'd probably go with a queen size bed given the size of the room.

Jaco1103
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi,

In one of our rooms we have 2 singles. A king size sheet fits over both if you put the beds together. 

Leonhard16
Level 1
Western Cape, South Africa

I would recommend 2 three quarter beds - then you have options.  Dingle beds are small for guests.