Furniture and decor

Answered!
Silvana520
Level 1
Gainesville, FL

Furniture and decor

Hello 👋🏻 I would like some recommendations for getting furniture and decor, good quality and low price, very appreciate it 🙏🏻

1 Best Answer
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

You can go two different routes- eclectic, artsy, thrift, antique or brand new on Amazon. 

it’s my experience that Airbnb can only refund/replace if you have a receipt and if it’s a fairly new item that you can turn around and replace with the same thing again right away. They do not cover antique/thrift. 

so in our house we have a combination of new and old. We felt that it was very important that anything you sit or sleep on be new, sturdy, sanitary, and easily replaced- things like beds, chairs, sofas. For everything else we went the eclectic/thrift/antique route for things like dressers, tables, lamps. We’re in a 1959 house in Bisbee AZ which is known for its art and antique shopping. 

for decor I once read something in this forum like don’t decorate with pictures of Paris if you are at the beach and vice versa. It’s like the house I just bought in sierra vista had a nautical theme in the desert- it just doesn’t make any sense. When it comes to decor- keep it local. Cactus in the desert. Lodge theme in the mountains. Ocean theme at the beach.

And local artisans art is a must. Original art is now covered under aircover. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

You can go two different routes- eclectic, artsy, thrift, antique or brand new on Amazon. 

it’s my experience that Airbnb can only refund/replace if you have a receipt and if it’s a fairly new item that you can turn around and replace with the same thing again right away. They do not cover antique/thrift. 

so in our house we have a combination of new and old. We felt that it was very important that anything you sit or sleep on be new, sturdy, sanitary, and easily replaced- things like beds, chairs, sofas. For everything else we went the eclectic/thrift/antique route for things like dressers, tables, lamps. We’re in a 1959 house in Bisbee AZ which is known for its art and antique shopping. 

for decor I once read something in this forum like don’t decorate with pictures of Paris if you are at the beach and vice versa. It’s like the house I just bought in sierra vista had a nautical theme in the desert- it just doesn’t make any sense. When it comes to decor- keep it local. Cactus in the desert. Lodge theme in the mountains. Ocean theme at the beach.

And local artisans art is a must. Original art is now covered under aircover. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

It is a 'cabin-in-the-woods' experience, a rustic set up is in order.

Btw, 1 bedroom with 6 beds and 7 people allowed  - for the same price (for  1-7 persons) - is an unusual combination. Perhaps set it to 4 or 6 persons and maybe charge more after first 4 persons. More people always means more wear & tear.

And perhaps eliminate some photos who really detract, not enhance your presentations: i.e the one of the pond showing it 'algae green', and more of inside features.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Silvana520, I wanted to check in and see if you had the chance to read the suggestions from our Hosts? It seems they have interesting recommendations for acquiring good-quality furniture and decor at a low price.

Keep us updated

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Gwen506  If you read the terms for this community for host and guests you will see that commercial businesses like yours are not allowed to use it to advertise your business