Grill

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Grill

Hello all, do you provide a grill and if so, what kind: electric, gas or charcoal? Any pros and cons of the specific grill types you can share?

12 Replies 12
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

@Inna22 We provide a gas grill with a propane tank underneath. 
The charcoal, is messy and you would need to provide a lighter and flame accelerant. 
sounds messy and dangerous. 
keep it safe and simple. 

Bronwyn100
Level 9
Hardys Bay, Australia

I provide an electric barbecue now. The plate can be washed in the dishwasher. Used to have a gas one but it was too hard when it ran out. People love this one. 

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Inna22 , I provide an electric grill since charcoal grills are forbidden in Venice 😉

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Andrea6232 @Bronwyn100 @Debbie210 

How do you handle cleaning the grill between guests? Is it a significant task for you, or do you have a system in place to make it easier?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincyfortunately my guests use the grill very rarely (in Venice there are so many restaurants that you're spoiled for choice 😁), in fact cleaning the grill is very demanding ...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Andrea6232  Absolutely, your guests are there to indulge in all the delicious pasta and pastries, not to fire up the grill! 😄

In that case, do you provide your guests with local restaurant recommendations? I’d love to hear about them—I might just need to check them out myself! 😆

-----

@Quincy yes indeed! I have made a guidebook for that 😉

https://www.airbnb.com/s/guidebooks?refinement_paths[]=/guidebooks/5499131

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Brilliant I will save that for later 😉

-----

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Inna22We provide an electric grill with a dishwasher-safe plate. Charcoal BBQs are not permitted at our resort. Gas BBQs are more challenging to clean, and while guests are expected to leave them clean, they often do not. Additionally, when the gas bottle runs out, our manager must ensure it is replaced, which, of course, tends to happen right around mealtime.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

We don't provide a grill, since it seems like cleaning it would be difficult. Also, it seems like it may be a fire hazard if not properly operated. 

Bill-And-Heather0
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

We have gas grills and charcoal grills at various Airbnb’s. We find the gas grills are the easiest but sometimes challenging if you run out. Always have a spare.

also if you do charcoal specify if you provide charcoal or not

Brandon887
Level 2
Oakland, CA

We provide a natural gas Weber grill so that we don't have to worry about stocking propane tanks or charcoal. We had to add the proper fittings to a gas line for a minimal fee, but it was well worth it. We also provide disposable drip pans for guests and instruct them to throw them away after use, so it doesn't attract bears and coyotes.