Hi there, help me in enhancing the room

Dhruv51
Level 2
Jhunjhunu, India

Hi there, help me in enhancing the room

Please have a look on my listed property… and let me know how can I enhance my room to make it look much better…

https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/1150026224228136125?

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 11.14.17.png

23 Replies 23

@Kristi2448

Thank you so much for the advice. Many BnB owners suggested that I correct the categorization of my BnB, so I have made those changes. Please feel free to take a look at it.

Additionally, I loved your idea of adding a rug and a double bed. I will be implementing these changes as soon as possible. Thank you once again for your help.

Lisa9274
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hi @Dhruv51 !  I’m a super host in the states… Rebecca from AirBnB asked if I would give my input. My AirBnB has a sort of theme… Retro or Mid century modern and All of our touches Try to stay in that vein. 

If it were my space I would do some decorating with Lots of bright colors,

For example:Multicolor Indian Christmas Wedding Party Decoration, Mehndi Decor, Backdrop, marigold (artificial) Pom Pom strings as an accent or focal point around the bed or desk or bathroom 

Basics I would definitely consider including are:

• Plants: Add plants to your apartment, such as succulents, herbs, hanging plants, or wall-mounted planters.  For me, it shows someone can live there. 
  • Mirrors: Mirrors can make your apartment feel larger and brighter by reflecting light and creating an illusion of space. A large mirror on that big wall would be beautiful
  • Lighting: Interior designers recommend at least three sources of light in each room. Lamps, plug in hanging lights or even some nice outdoor string lights

I wish you well! I hope some of this helps. 

hi @Lisa9274

Thank you so much for taking the time to look over my BnB and provide such valuable suggestions. Following your first recommendation, I have added some plants both inside and outside the room. Although I haven’t uploaded the latest photos yet since the plants are still small, I will share updated pictures once they’ve grown a bit. I hope you’ll like the setup.

Regarding the mirrors, I am a bit unsure about the best placement in the room. If you could suggest an ideal spot, it would be very helpful.

For the lighting, I am currently working on creating a small outdoor seating area. Once that’s complete, I plan to add some good lighting as you suggested.

Thank you once again for all your help.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Dhruv51 

Congratulations!  Based on your first two reviews you are doing great.  Your best advisors are happy guests I want more like you haha.  Just send them a brief message so glad I provided you great service.  Since I am new any feedback or suggestions I should consider?  My regulars are used to me  because I have done it for years but sometimes it i just something I didn't even think about 1 idea was a bedroom mirror lol.

It mentions kitchenette use available take pictures.  People love pictures..

@Marie8425 

Thank you so much. The first two guests were extremely sweet and kind. I didn't do anything special for them; I just tried to be myself as I am in my regular days. Since they were not from my state, I did provide some travel assistance. They appreciated my genuine behavior.

As for the mirror, you are right—I forgot to include one earlier 😅. Please suggest a spot in the pictures where you think a mirror would be best placed.

The kitchen is currently under renovation, so I haven't added any pictures of it yet. I will do so once the renovation is complete.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and for helping me develop my BnB.

Saskia169
Level 1
Dinner Plain, Australia

Hi @Dhruv51   The roof top terrace looks lovely, do you have any seating up there?

@Saskia169Thank you for the compliment. Currently, I have provided 3-4 simple chairs, but I am developing an outdoor seating area in front of the room. Once it’s done, I’ll be adding some recliner chairs.

Susan5788
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Hi @Dhruv51 !

Thank you for sharing your space. I love the vibrant colors. I would definitely show pictures of the kitchenette. I didn’t see it featured in your photos. I would also suggest removing the whiteboard. I think that would only be necessary if you’re catering to using the space more for business meetings. I see that you are giving guests access to the rooftop. Are there any amenities you could put up there? I’m not sure how enjoyable it would be, but perhaps some plants and outdoor sitting would attract guests. Hope this feedback helps. 

Sarah6005
Level 1
Dalmally, United Kingdom

Hi @Dhruv51 ,

Your place looks lovely. I would suggest removing the large table to enhance the space and putting a folding/hidden table in instead. That way the guests have a choice of having it up if they would like to work or having the extra space. You can get ones that look like a shelf but the front pulls up to make a desk. 

I would also put a rug on the floor between the couch and the bed to add a level of comfort.its all very square. Maybe break up the orange walls a bit to make it look larger and add a mirror above the couch on the wall to add light and depth.

Put the bed under the window and try and screen it off a little on work the rest of the furniture around the outside door if that's an option? Just to break up the squareness of it all. I would also add some kind of fake greenery to make it a little more homely. 

.take the white board down and add shelves with plants/pictures and added storage for guests. 

In the bathroom add a unit for storage of towels, personal belongings etc and try and make it look a little more utilised. 

Outside I would add plants, a seating area and make it look like a kind of garden area where people can sit and enjoy the views. 

I hope this helps? 

Good luck with the season. 

Sarah