How do you keep your towels soft?

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How do you keep your towels soft?

Towels.jpeg

Hello hosts 👋🏽

We know that providing soft and fluffy towels is essential for a great guest experience. Maintaining their softness can be a challenge, especially with frequent use and washings 😞

I have read in the community that some hosts prefer to use natural products to keep towels soft, such as vinegar, which in addition to providing a delicate texture, does not leave any odour 🤔

How do you keep your towels soft and luxurious for your guests? Do you have any special tricks or techniques that you swear by? Share your wisdom and tips below 👇🏽

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

61 Replies 61
Rose422
Level 7
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hey Paula, 

What a great questions, never thought of that, but I usually do not put towels in the heavy duty dryer, I mostly dry with medium heat and they come out more delicate. I actually tend to replace towels every now and then, but I mostly use Martha Stewart and Macy's spa selection towels that don't get so dry easily. If I was to use a particular product I would have shared. I would recommend using a softer laundry detergent (I use Clear), dry with a medium to low heat and use cotton spa towels only that don't get too hard, also replace them once in a while. Hope this helps. 

Rose. 

Aminta11
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hello from California. I keep my towels soft by first getting good-quality towels. When I wash them, I add the natural washer sheets and then dry them without drying sheets. I take them out of the dryer immediately and fold or hang them up.