How to move booking request to a different (better) listing?

Gary890
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

How to move booking request to a different (better) listing?

Hi,

We offer our custom home as a 3 bed/3 bath or 4 bed/4 bad by unlocking an additional bedroom suite. We have 2 listings to manage that. We have a booking request for the 3/3 and want to upgrade them to the 4/4 with our compliments (i.e. no addl cost).

If I accept their request, I don't think I can do a Change Reservation request and "move it."

I'm thinking there are 3 ways to go:

1. accept and leave it as a 3/3 officially. I don't love this. Our housekeeper won't know it's a 4/4 without special communication. Guests will review the wrong listing. But it's not horrible
  2. Ask them to do a booking inquiry to the 4/4, send a special offer for the 4/4, have them cancel the 3/3 and accept special offer
  3. Something else someone suggests here

Thoughts? Thanks!

-Gary

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gary890 

You can use the "change" option to move guests to another one of your listings.

You can also amend the price in the change form (keep it same price as the 3/3)

Option 1 is not OK, for reasons you already mentioned

Option 2 will only work if guests first retract the current booking request

Option 3 guests book the 4/4 and you amend the price via "change" form to the 3/3 listing.

You can use the "change" option to move guests to another one of your listings.

Sweet and I just confirmed I can. I'm  sorry I wrote before trying that on another, existing booking.

Thanks much, very helpful.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Gary890 Keep in mind that when you "change" the reservation from one listing to other that nothing is confirmed until the guest "accepts" the change on their end. I was in the process of doing this once when another guest swept in and confirmed the other listing (but of course I have instant booking turned on.) Whenever I "upgrade" a guest from one listing to another, I ask first if they are okay with it (I don't want them to think I am scamming them) and then I tell them to please quickly accept the change so that it doesn't sit in limbo until the next time the guest feels like getting back to me. 

Wanted to say a quick thank you again--this has solved a problem for our guests and us when for one reason or another we want to migrate them to the other listing. Here it comes... wait for it... Thank you!