Managing sheets

Marlene569
Level 1
Fayetteville, AR

Managing sheets

Hello from Fayetteville, Arkansas college town and beautiful mountains, fresh air!!

How do you label sheets so you know quickly which is King and which is Queen, seems like our always get mixed up.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Marlene569 I sew a red thread into the edge seam in a couple of places so it is easy to find the right sheets for each bed size. If I had my time again ALL the beds would be the same size!

Hi Marlene,

Labeling sheets clearly to distinguish between different sizes can really help streamline your hosting operations. Here are a few methods you could consider:

1. Color Coding: Assign a specific color for the tags or edging of sheets based on their size. For example, use blue for king sheets and red for queen sheets. This method allows for quick visual identification.

2. Tagging: Sew or attach tags to the corners of the sheets that clearly indicate the size. You could use fabric tags or even small, durable labels that can withstand multiple washings.

3. Stitching: Another approach is to use a specific type of stitching or thread color on the hem. For instance, king sheets could have a double stitch line in blue, while queen sheets could have a single stitch line in red.

4. Storage Bins: Organize sheets into clearly labeled bins or shelves in your storage area. This helps ensure they remain sorted even after laundering.

5. Rubber Bands: Some hosts use colored rubber bands to keep sets together. You can wrap a blue band around king sets and a red band around queen sets, for example.

6. Fabric Markers: Use a permanent fabric marker to write the size on the tag of each sheet set or in an inconspicuous corner. Make sure it's subtle but readable.

Choose the method that best fits your setup and consistency will help avoid any mix-ups in the future.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Upfish Management

I used to get my queens and singles mixed up, so i went for coloured sheets for single beds and white for queen. problem solved. no one has issues with pale coloured sheets for the singles either despite people warning me against it...