Multi-listing vs Single listing

Answered!
Bobby255
Level 1
Pflugerville, TX

Multi-listing vs Single listing

Our home features a distinct division between the front and back areas. To ensure privacy, we constructed a partition that restricts guests from accessing our side of the house. We have two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a living room area exclusively available for our guests. Both bedrooms are furnished with queen size beds.

Now, the crucial question is: Should we list each room separately, allowing each individual to share access to the bathroom and living room area? Alternatively, would it be better to list the entire property as a unit, offering two bedrooms with dedicated living space and a bathroom?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bobby255 If you list the rooms separately then you will forever have issues of common area cleanliness. I would have two listings - A 1 bed and a 2 bed and lock the 2nd bedroom when not rented. Link the calendars and block the 1 bed in high season.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Bobby255 

I have never had that configuration with my units, but just thinking about it logically, I would think that it would be fraught with potential complications to have 2 groups of strangers sharing the same common areas without you being in the same unit to oversee the brood. I would rent it out as 1 unit. Also make sure and make it very clear in the listing that no kitchen or kitchenette is available.

If other hosts have more experience with a setup such as this, please share.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bobby255 If you list the rooms separately then you will forever have issues of common area cleanliness. I would have two listings - A 1 bed and a 2 bed and lock the 2nd bedroom when not rented. Link the calendars and block the 1 bed in high season.