Offering automatic Wifi connection

Evan971
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Offering automatic Wifi connection

On a recent trip my family stayed at two or three Airbnbs where, I think (see below) all I had to do to get on their wifi, was tap a button in the listing in my Airbnb app called something like 'Connect to Wifi' and it was done. I didn't have to manually search for the network in my phone and enter the password. As a host, I didn't know about this and now home, I would like to set this up for our listing. 

The problem is, I called Airbnb support twice and was told both times that Airbnb does not offer that function. So, what the heck was I doing?! I remember one place we stayed where they offered a connection through a QR code, but the others I am pretty sure had the connection option in the listing. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

1 Reply 1
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Evan971 

I personally have not connected to Wifi as a guest in the way that you described, but it makes sense to me that one can. My wifi network and password are saved on my listing. To do this you need to test your wifi speed - the speed and wifi details are then automatically added to your listing. Go to listings, amenities, wifi. You will see an "edit" option at the top of the amenities list. Click this and edit your wifi details and run the speed test. 

HOWEVER, I recently upgraded my wifi and wanted to run the test again, but both the external testing service provider and Airbnb customer support confirmed to me that they are presently having problems with the function. So if you try it and it doesn't work right away, be patient (it has been broken for weeks, but one can see they are working in it). 

I'm sure saving your details there and running the test will be necessary for you to get the auto connection option, but I'm not sure if the auto connect button will automatically appear for your guests in the guest view ....