Pets

Pets

Hello everyone! I am a new host and want to ask for some advice on the rules that you have for allowing pets. Your responses are highly appreciated. Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Bronwyn100
Level 9
Hardys Bay, Australia

I am in NSW. I take pets. I must pre-approve. They are not allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms but of course their owners allow them to do both. I charge $20 per night. Warning if they scratch glass doors or balustrades they cannot be fixed. You also need pet safe flyscreens or they will be ruined. Pet hair adds to the cleaning. I do it because it appears everyone bought a dog during covid😂

David10981
Level 3
Halifax, United Kingdom

Hi @Nina1602 , I don't allow pets. I have allergies and Asthma. I struggle quite badly with dog hair, it can ruin my day & night. I contacted Airbnb because the say we have to make allowances for helper dogs (guide, hearing etc). I explained my dilemma, they were very helpful, they advised me to add the personal info into my listing. What I found was, even in the short time I’ve been hosting, guests are booking precisely because I don’t have pets. I also list as Hypoallergenic, Bedding, lack of carpets, no smoking or vaping etc. (Wool carpets kill me) :+) So it’s worked out good for me. Providing accommodation has to be good for both Host & Guest.

Good luck

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

Same here 🙂 Medical issues prevent us from allowing any pets on the property. It also allows others with animal issues/sensitivities to use our 'safe' space. We don't allow smoking/vaping and have no carpeting.

Jasbir5
Level 1
Pune, India

We are not allowing pets

interesting