Security concerns

Camille999
Level 1
Paris, France

Security concerns

I'm like to put my property on Airbnb but I'm a bit concerned about my furnitures. They're expensive and I'm afraid about damages. 
Do you have advices? Thanks a lot. 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Camille999 Your only choices are to replace with cheaper furniture or buy expensive insurance. You should also vet your guests but frankly this is much easier said than done.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't leave very expensive furniture and other items in an STR. I would remove and replace with second hand quality items @Camille999 

only leave in your property items which. Are not of high/sentimental.value . 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Camille999 

Sadly SGTR and expensive items are not a match made in heaven.  I have done it in Hawaii but even there only certain areas that draw a higher point guest willing to pay above standard rates.   A few hundred a n ight more so at that level you aren't guaranteed because your not there and sometimes a simple accident can occur.  Also be aware depending on the price people willing to spend at that level dol n ot want to be bothered about a nick on your $300 coffee table.  Aircover isn't really a resource since the guest is liable firs with that coverage If a Guest is paying a premium amount for a beautiful well located property they expect and might even ask who your insurance company is so they are protected..  

Plan it out, prepare correctly and usually everything has a buyer.

Hi @Camille999 ,

Protecting your expensive furniture while hosting on Airbnb is a valid concern. To mitigate risks, you can screen your guests thoroughly using Airbnb’s tools.

Require a verified ID and favor guests with positive reviews. You might also want to set a security deposit to cover potential damages, which can deter careless behavior.

Be clear in your house rules about what behaviors are acceptable regarding your furniture, such as restrictions on eating in certain areas or on shoe wear indoors. It's also practical to invest in protective covers or use more durable furniture in high-traffic areas. Storing highly valuable or sentimental items elsewhere can prevent accidental damage.

Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage. While Airbnb provides Host Protection Insurance, checking if you need additional coverage to fully protect your property and belongings can provide extra peace of mind.

By taking these steps, you can better protect your furnishings and still enjoy being an Airbnb host.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

{Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines}

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Camille999, thank you for posting in our community.

Our experienced Hosts have shared some great advice. Have you had a chance to read it?

Please let us know what you decide to do in the end.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad