Suggestions for blocking out music noises from a club

Sanna1
Level 2
Chamonix, France

Suggestions for blocking out music noises from a club

Hi everyone,

Perhaps other hosts have had a similar experience and could suggest or share what they did about it. 

Below my Airbnb apartment, 4 floors down in a basement, is a club and the music can be heard through the apartment walls at night- it gets louder at certain times and lasts a couple of hours at its loudest. 

Most guests hear nothing and aren't disturbed; some hear a pin drop a mile away, so they hear the rhythmic base and have mentioned it.

My mission at the moment is to make the property more sleep-friendly for light-sleeping guests.

The property page does mention the noise issue and when I meet the guest in person, I tell them also.  There are wooden shutters outside the window, the double-glazed windows have a lot of seals around them and I've put earplugs in the bathroom to maximise silence and these help a lot. Now I am considering getting a white noise machine also.

What else could I do? Has anyone had similar issues and found clever solutions? 

Thank you for any feedback!

4 Replies 4

Include ear plugs in the welcome basket or next to guidebook/ on nightstand as a courtesy. But white noise machine is a good idea.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Sanna1 

Also what about white noise machines for the bedrooms.  Listening to waves might drown out music.  I also have ear plugs, a neighbor's dog barks in the middle of the night of course. 

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Sanna1 

Some time ago I saw someone here in the community suggested noise-blocking curtains in front of the windows. They are usually light-blocking curtains that also have some sound-proofing qualities.

Thank you, @Shelley159, I had not thought of that. This is helpful.