Swimming pool issues with guests

Richard2382
Level 2
La Asomada, Spain

Swimming pool issues with guests

Hi everyone, Swimming pools, a major subject with my guests and enquiries, many guest want to know if the pool is shared (by anyone) heating of pool, times , temperature of water, sizes and depth of the pool, fences around or not, toys, sun beds, for the pool suppled or not, is the pool salt water or tap water with chlorine added, any restrictions 

on its use , during the seasons?? Or during the day ?

It would be great 👍 to have all this info in one place, so it can be clearly seen, it will help immensely guests and hosts

(apparently some guests turn up at other rentals and the pool is shared, or the pool is a few mins walk, or in another complex ,or is closed 

5 Replies 5
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Richard2382 😊

Let's ask the other hosts what they think about this: @Joan2709, @Zheng49 , and @Karen114 

I'm curious about this topic!

• Have you tried fitting this information into your listing descriptions or creating quick replies to forward to guests when they ask about it?
  • Have you added any ground rules regarding restrictions on pool usage?
  • Have you included such information in the "Other things to note" section of your listing description?

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

@Richard2382 

You do show some of that information on the listing page under amenities. However, your property information/about the space is all block text and guests just won't read that. I would change the format to bullet points to make it easier to read instead of one long paragraph. I would  probably list the pool at the top of your bulleted list, as that is one of the top amenities of the property. Something like:

⫸ Amenities

Private On-Site Pool

- Open 24hrs, 365 days/year

- Exclusive for our guests only

- Heated autumn, winter, early spring to temperature of ….with pool cover

- Pool depths ……

- salt water…..

- sun loungers, chairs and table

- sunshade area & outdoor lighting

Right now you have one long, block text paragraph. It's hard to read and pick out highlights:

"The private villas own exclusive swimming pool is open 365 days a year and heated in autumn, winter and early spring to a maximum heated pool, 8 x 4 meters at widest points (due to shape) shallow end for children 50 Cm to deepest 1.70 Cm with a thermos pool cover, and wind protected area, lounge pool terrace with heating, 2 sofas, 2 armchairs, and coffee table, and LED floor lighting, and retro-style overhead festival lighting, sunbathing terrace with sun-loungers with sunshade area, and a panoramic views from pool patio window as well as from the bird bath garden is overlooking the extensive 8 km coastline and Island's of Lobos, and Fuerteventura. A separate alfresco dinning area with a permanent ¨sail shade¨ and terraced garden, including a just introduced volcanic lava rock gas fired barbecue area, with LED floor lighting, and retro style overhead festival lighting, a courtyard for easy access to the villa, a shared 2 Car-parking with a sun-shaded roof, with native dragon cactus growing high above the enclosure, all inclusive pricing no extra costs for example the heating of the private pool, full pay tv is also inclusive, and hot and cold air conditioning."

I would also create a Quick Reply that answers all the pool questions so you're not having to type it manually every time as @Karen114 suggests.

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Richard2382  I’m pretty certain when ticking off amenities it gives option to state whether private or community. 
I believe for most hosts with pools, that is usually one of the first 5 pics as it is such a big draw. Also labeling of pics such as “heated salt water pool” would work. 
This is of course all predicated on the guest actually reading 😬

When I get a lot of questions about a topic or amenity I set it up as an automated message to the guest after booking. Air offers a nice automated messaging feature which I take full advantage of in addition to my own timely messaging leading up to their stay. 
We are in Florida and the condo has a shared community pool that is heated. However I do let the guests know that despite being heated, if it’s 50 degrees in December or January, the pool will not retain heat as it’s not covered. 

Karen
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Karen114 and @Joan2709 😊

Thank you for your amazing advice! 😍

@Richard2382 what do you think about automated messages or showing some of that information on the listing page under amenities?

Please let us know!

Warm regards🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Richard2382 😊

Did any of the answers below help you resolve the issue?

If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the "Top Answer".

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 11.19.17 AM.png

It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you but also to support other Hosts who may have similar questions in the future. 😊

Warm regards🌻,

-----