Trampoline

Chistopher0
Level 1
Franklin, WI

Trampoline

Good afternoon,

I have gotten mixed feelings on adding a trampoline to our property…

anyone have one on their listing and any feedback from renters!

thanks 

5 Replies 5
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Chistopher0! Perhaps @Marie8425 is able to offer some advice 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi @Chistopher0 ,

Adding a trampoline to your Airbnb property can certainly make it more appealing to families with children and guests looking for fun activities right at their stay. However, there are several factors to consider before deciding to add one:

Safety: Ensure the trampoline is installed correctly and regularly maintained to prevent accidents. You'll also need to provide clear safety instructions for its use.

Insurance: Check with your insurance provider to see if a trampoline affects your coverage. Some policies may not cover injuries related to trampoline use, or they might require additional liability coverage.

Rules and Regulations: Make sure that having a trampoline complies with local regulations or HOA rules. Some areas might have restrictions on such installations.

Space and Aesthetics: Consider whether you have enough space for a trampoline without it overtaking your garden or outdoor area. It should fit aesthetically and not clutter the space.

Guest Experience: While a trampoline can be a fun feature, think about your target guest demographic. Is your property typically rented by families or adults who would appreciate this feature?

Feedback from Others: Reviews from other hosts who have trampolines can be mixed. Positive feedback often highlights increased appeal to families, while negative aspects might include increased liability and maintenance concerns.

Adding a trampoline could be a great feature that sets your listing apart, but weigh these factors carefully to decide if it aligns with your hosting style and guest safety.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Upfish Management

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Chistopher0  Honestly I would not do it.  You would be opening yourself up to a ton of liability and problems.  Most insurance companies do not allow trampolines in rentals, long term anyway.  I can't imagine short term would be any different. 

If you have any friends or family that are landlords;  ask them what they think 😁.  They will likely confirm your mixed feelings. 

Karen
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Chistopher0 

Yes   The advice you  got was  correct  your insurance carrier will  have  a fit not only   because  a  guest  might get hurt.  You have  no  way of  guaranteeing  securely anchored in your property and a  gust of wind  doesn't  blow  it into   your neighbors yard and injure  their  child

Jonathan2534
Level 4
New York, NY

Hi Christopher,

I've had a trampoline at my summer rental for ten years. I've been renting with brokers though, and renters have signed a lease with a waiver. Now with ABB I've copied some of the lease into the ABB terms section, which they say makes it legally binding. I have spoken with other hosts in my area and they are asking guests to sign a lease with a waiver/release electronically. To be fully protected I think this is the route you'd have to go.