Wet room

Wet room

So I got a room in a home and it was fine until it rained.The entire floor in the room and outside the room was soaking wet for over a week. I made the host aware that it is quite dangerous to have a wet floor with various electrical outlets. My computer  was on the floor in the closet and it is ruined along with much of my clothes. The host moved me to another room after a week of me complaining and moved me to another room with also a wet floor!!???? I asked to take an upstairs room because all of the downstairs was flooded but she said it was a different rate upstairs !!! So how does this get solved???I don’t like complaining but this is unacceptable.I think under the circumstances the extra 2$ for a DRY room should be waived but this host mostly does nothing. Nothing to fix the leak problem and nothing to accommodate about switching rooms. I like this house as it is close to my work. I need help knowing what I can do in this situation? I’m not asking for a refund, although I believe I’m entitled . I simply would like a dry room . I don’t want to cause problems but I find this situation pretty ridiculous and would like to at the very least be accommodated. I know are dry rooms empty upstairs but she doesn’t want to give to me for the same rate.Please help let me know what is the right thing to do. Thanks

1 Reply 1
Bronwyn100
Level 7
Hardys Bay, Australia

@Hiliary2 Please contact Airbnb. Her insurance should replace your computer and you should receive a full refund because your room is not fit for purpose. She should have moved you immediately to a dry room for health reasons.