What is your preferred towel color?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

What is your preferred towel color?

I am forever going back and fourth between lush white with ability to bleach and darker colors that hide stains but often bleed in wash so have to be washed separately and then look tired.

64 Replies 64

I actually have two, white mostly so that I can bleach. I have this as the preferred towel to grab Then I have grey, in a cabinet if they prefer a colored towel. white & grey wash cloths.   Then I just wash separately whites/ colored. I also wash with a sensitive soap & sensitive dryer sheets.  For people with allergy’s. 
    Then I have a card, that says, if they wipe their car down, or something more dirty. Use the colored towels. This lets them know what to use & Helps me out a lot. 

Katurra0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

White

Dr--Eugene0
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

White.

Since I like guests to know I clean thoroughly between hosting, I'll like them to know they are getting fresh linen.

Lisa6029
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

I used to only do White, but I switched to dark grey. They fade but stains are easier.

Milica70
Level 2
Novi Sad, Serbia

Since the colours in the apartment are kind of green and peachie pink. I have that two kind kombined. They go great with the decor in the bathroom. 

While white I do like I find happier colors contribute to an experience. With walls white and the space lending to a theme beachie colors are my preference. Of course the key is using fluffy quality towels and linens. 

Frank

Susan-And-Michael1
Level 2
Marblehead, MA

I use white bulk towels from Costco and I have some small black “makeup” wash clothes also. I just end up using slightly stained towels for family and dog use or rags.

Larry448
Level 2
Galveston, TX

White is my preferred to keep everything nice and bright!

Blanco, colocó dos para las estadías cortas ya que es lo más común en mi Airbnb y de echo a los huéspedes les encanta que la habitación sea con ropa blanca va ya que así se aprecia si la habitación está impecable ☺️🌺

ahora cuando el huésped se va ya las coloco un día en detergente para blanquear y vuelven a quedar limpias, ah y para que se sientan más cómodas mas que todo las mujeres por el tema de maquillaje coloco una pequeñita de color para el rostro🥰

Ian-And-Evelyn0
Level 2
Marlow, United Kingdom

Hi Rebecca

For our apartments I prefer white towels as you can bleach them when guests put makeup, fake tan and other stains on the towels. The towels don't loose their colour and look fresh again after cleaning. 

Best wishes

Evelyn

Marlow Apartments Uk

We prefer to use (Hotel style) white towels, so soft, easy to bleach if needed, and black makeup towels.

We are old school, we like to hang our towels outside on the clothes line to dry in the fresh air (weather permitting of course), guests love the scent and how fresh they feel!

I have seen white used for ALL linens in properties. Seems so bland and lacking character. Granted it can be bleached, killing majority of bacteria, microbes, etc. So it "seems" cleaner than colored linens. 

I started with gray at one property and navy blue at another. Gives the units a, "warmer" touch and "character"...Although, I (really do) like the idea of being able to bleach and kill bacteria. Purchased higher quality towels and no issues with fading. 

So far, knock on wood, the colored towels "seem" clean...Yet bleach and the perceived cleanliness would be nice. 

Linda4254
Level 2
Point Lookout, Australia

In houses that sleep several people with only one or two bathrooms,  I now choose a mixture of colours to make it a little easier to remember which towel is theirs.  I generally use white towels or navy blue. Navy blue may eventually fade a little but as I am near the beach, so it helps with sunscreen stains.  Navy blue is also good for bath mats. I am forever soaking my white bath mats.

Liza3703
Level 2
Wood Dale, IL

I  prefer using all White. From towel to linen. It’s more dainty.

Spencer206
Level 2
Queen Creek, AZ

Have you ever been to a hotel that didn’t have white towels? It would have felt very odd in my opinion. We may not directly compare ourselves to hotels, but our guests (especially in the case of linens) do. I think providing a white towel appears more hygienic even if the practices of cleaning were the same for colored or white.