Wood fired hot tub

Wood fired hot tub

Hi,

We are looking to install a woodfired hot tub at our holiday let and have been googling to try and find more info but it is a bit of a minefield so hoping for some advice if anyone has one in terms of;

Do you fill ready for your arrivals or leave for them to fill

Do you use chemicals?

Any other info you could give us?

Thanks so much, really appreciated

Alice 

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Alice1644 ,

we have installed a Jacuzzi hot tub in the garden of our house in Venice (Italy) but it has electric heating. We keep it always running and we use chemicals to keep it clean.

I think a wood fired hot tub would involve too much work for us and for our guests ...

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

P.S. Congrats on your barn renovation! Really nice! 😍

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Alice1644   I agree with @Andrea6232.  I think a wood fired Hot tub although a nice idea would be too much work for your guests.

They take a long time to heat up so if you guests are staying just for a night or 2, they either wouldn't be able to use it or are waiting half of their stay for it to heat up, or you would have to be on the ball and have it heated for them.

We have electric hot tubs at our listings and yes, you do need to use chemicals and they do need to be checked and tested every day, even when guests are staying.  I use to do it every other day, but I have found although I let guests know what to do and what not to do with the Hot Tubs, some don't seem to listen.  I have twice found the hot tub 1/2 empty because they left the fountains on and put the lid down so when the tubs self cleaned, the water hit the lid and came out of the sides.  So that meant they couldn't use the hot tub for the rest of their stay.  Also I have had a guest who thought it would be a good idea to put more water in and that damaged the tub.  And I also should mention, fake tan and guests who think it is a good idea to go in with shampoo or conditioner in their hair.

Hot Tubs take a lot of work and are expensive to maintain, and they need to regularly cleaned, emptied, refilled, filters changed or cleaned etc. etc.  It is easier if you are an onsite host.

Saying that I have found that they are a big enticement for guests to book and also used to be quite profitable, now with the raise in electricity prices etc, that side of things isn't so good. 

Hope this helps