how to explain in the listing the extra sleeping accommodations at our large home. 16 in beds, but I have 12 cots for children as well.

Tina11913
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

how to explain in the listing the extra sleeping accommodations at our large home. 16 in beds, but I have 12 cots for children as well.

We are hoping to rent our large home to families looking for reunion space.  Besides having accommodations for 16 in beds, I am also providing sleeping cots for preschoolers,  and trifold mats for older kids/adults.  How do I list that in my listing, and do those count toward the total number of people you can sleep?  It would be sleeps 32 if that were the case!  And, do portacribs count as beds, as well?  That would make it 34!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tina11913 My only comment is that cramming people in, however small they may be, is a recipe for  bad reviews and damage. If the house sleep 16 in beds and you provide cots for infants (under 2?) then leave the capacity at 16 because Airbnb allows infants to stay in excess of the declared capacity anyway.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Does your accommodation provide enough sofas, dining space , outdoor seating and bathrooms for 32 people ? Where will these additional people put their belongings?. 

I would be wary of trying to pack too many people into your listing. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tina11913, I hope everything is well with you.

Our experienced Hosts, Mike and Helen, have shared some great advice.

Please keep us posted when you have the chance to read their suggestions, as we would love to hear your thoughts 😊

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad