smart Door Locks 2021

Harvin0
Level 3
Thorold, Canada

smart Door Locks 2021

Hello Every one, looking for a recommendation for a smart lock that can be set up to multiple codes assigned to different guests  & expire on set date/time. I have thought of putting August with keypad but cost is high plus reviews are mixed, a lot of people complaining about battery life and lock response time. I'm currently using a wiser keypad lock that need to manually delete & add codes which is time consuming and hard in Canadian winter. Are anyone of you using August smart lock or another Lock that you can recommend.

Thank you in advance 

40 Replies 40
Deidre1
Level 4
Nashville, TN

Update to my earlier post. Last month I changed 3 of my units from RL2000s to Schlage Encode with RemoteLock. The RL2000s were extremely dependable with algo generated codes, but the guest codes were too long & the locks were no longer supported. 

The Schlage Encodes were easy to install and not hard to integrate with RemoteLock & Airbnb. I've been happy so far, BUT twice now all 3 units have gone offline even though the wifi is working, the batteries are new, and placement is near the routers. Last time it happened, as soon as I was physically at the units, the locks showed back online. Cause for heartburn.

I really need a lock system that will let me go truly remote.

Have this same problem, i manage 20+ doors  and periodically some locks will just loose connection. Terribly frustrating. Problem is replacing that many smartlocks will cost ~ $5k+

Schlage Encode locks with integration to RemoteLock and Airbnb any updates for Sep 2023? Thanks  in advance. -Howard 

Ann31393
Level 1
Hong Kong

I use Lockly Vision, It’s a video doorbell and smart lock in one. It can be controlled remotely via app to set access codes. The codes can be set to expire once used, it can be set on recurring times and days ( good if you have a regular cleaner coming over), and you can video record  or get notifications when your guests unlocked and entered the door. Lockly has so many ways to give access- there’s fingerprint, keys, pin codes, mobile app and even ask Alexa to unlock or check if door is closed. I think , it’s really the app functionalities that I would recommend it for, it’s so reliable!

Is there a way to have AIrBnB autogenerate a lock code and supply to guest at booking, or do you all manually create codes and email them to guests?

I do not think Airbnb has any built in interface to handle what you are looking for. We use Schlage Encode WiFi locks on all of our rentals and manage it with Remotelock which has Airbnb integration available. Once you enable Airbnb in Remotelock, when a guest makes a reservation Remotelock creates a code for the time period of the reservation, updates the lock, and sends the Airbnb guest a message with the door code information. The cost of Remotelock is well worth the time saved having to keep up with updating codes on multiple locks. Hope this helps

Deidre1
Level 4
Nashville, TN

A follow up about a year later. I have been delighted with the Schlage Encode locks with integration to RemoteLock and Airbnb. They've remained online and have been super dependable with full automation. 

Hey Deidre,  any update on Schlage Encode locks with integration to RemoteLock and Airbnb. It seems like the best solution.  Any problems ever with Remotelock? Thanks in advance,

-Howard 

In Sep 2023. really looking for long term solution. 

Thanks again. 

could you try Sifely smart locks ? 

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Patrick2740
Level 1
Savannah, GA

Whatever you do, don't get August locks.  They batteries die so often that replacing them will become routine and cause lockouts/confusion amongst guests and your management crew.  Moreover, they frequently drop from the network (I've used 10+of these locks) and there is a major delay when communicating with the lock that will drive guests and you crazy.  Go with Schlage.