Airbnb Open Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Open Update

Airbnb Open - Welcome

Hi everyone,

Many of you are eager for news about the next Airbnb Open, and while we can’t yet share details about where in the world it will be, we can tell you that it will be in 2018.

After three fantastic years of Airbnb Open gatherings in San Francisco, Paris, and Los Angeles, we’ve decided to take more time to plan the next festival of hosting. We’re working on the most innovative and inviting experience yet.

We’ll announce our host city and dates soon and cannot wait to host you for Airbnb Open 2018.

Thanks,

Lizzie

---------------UPDATE---------------

Posted: Jan 24th 2018

I've just posted an update on the status of the Airbnb Open below, click here to read my post. 🙂 

Thanks, Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93

Lizzie,

Greetings from San Francisco!

How much longer do we have to wait before the details are announced?

Some of us with school-aged kids are already planning summer; so it's really

time to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak!

Clearly, this is hush-hush still.  The suspense is very difficult and exciting all at the same time.

Awaiting details,

Leslie

Hi Lizzie,

Wouldn't it be easier in terms of logistics to have a regional Airbnb Open like most big companies do?

i.e Airbnb Open USA, Airbnb Open Europe, etc.. or change region every year.

I know it might be too late for 2018 but something to think about.

Thanks,

Jean

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Jean286 and @Leslie11 for your replies and your suggestions.

I am sorry I don't have any more information regarding the Airbnb Open and timings, at the moment. Personally, I am also hoping it will be quite soon, as I too am excited to hear more about it. 

I will keep you updated as much as I can. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lucy170
Level 2
Vermont, United States

Or how about planning an AirBnB Open that is specific to certain content areas -- such as AirBnB mansions, AirBnB Apartments, Rural AirBnB venues, etc.?

Atlanta GA would definitely be great city to host this event. You have my vote!

Atlanta Ga Would be great 

Hi Lizzie,

It's been three months since your January update - any news yet about the 2018 Open?

thanks,

Juliet

Jo34
Level 2
East Melbourne, Australia

Hi Lizzie, Any updates on the Airbnb Open since January ? I am keen to attend with a group of Airbnb hosts from Australia, but need time to plan and organize... are there any updates that you can share?

Kind regards

Joanne

Bring it to Toronto In Canada!!!

Thanks LIzzie!

As Superhosts we do need to plan ahead! We had a great experience at the LA Open and hope to participate again!

We hope that we will hear something soon!

Laurie and Randy

Mount Shasta Ca.

Michelle35
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Lizzie,

im trying to find Moreno information on Airbnb opens. Did one happen in 2018? Is there one planned for 2019?

thanks so much

michelle 

James692
Level 2
Lutterworth, United Kingdom

Could someone tell me what Airbnb Open actually is please. 

Thanks

James

James @James692

there are several places that you can look up and read all about the Airbnb Open. 

1. Airbnb website 

2. Google Airbnb Open 2015,  2016 and 2017

3.  Go to Help in this community center and type in Airbnb Open. You will find many links to click on to read. 

I am fairly confident that once you are done reading everything you will know why so many of us are excited to hear when and WHERE the next one is. 😉

Also, do you have your account settings set up to receive emails from airbnb? Because yesterday Co Founder BRIAN CHESKY sent out an important letter to every host (If they have it set up to receive emails) 

Aloha, Momi 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Mary95
Level 2
Indio, CA

I did not receive Brian’s email even tho I am set up. Must check to insure I receive notices.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mary95,

You can check you have this option selected in your Airbnb Account Settings. 🙂

If you already have this option ticked, perhaps try checking your Spam section in you email account.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------