Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2016, the Host Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your amazing submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

DETAILS

Share your story starting November 17, 2016. The contest deadline for submissions will be December 16th, 2016.

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words and must contain a title.

*Updated: If possible, please include two photos with your entry (this is not a requirement for submission).

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $12,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $8,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $5,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the originality and creativity of the story submitted as well as the spirit of the submission in the way it relates to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered as a host user of Airbnb at the time of participation.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m. San Francisco time on 12/16/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQs

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: You may not edit your story after submission.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

For full rules, see contest rules attached below.

Good luck!

172 Replies 172
Berta12
Level 2
Colonie, NY

Hello Lizzie,

I couldn't find my message in the discussion area, so I resubmitted, this time without a gliche!  It helped to log in first, something I didn't do before.  I also added two more photographs.  How can I be sure my second, altered submission is considered and not the first?

Thank you,

Berta

Hello Lizzie,

I haven't received a response to my inquiry - not sure if my message came through.  Can you please let me know that my submission went through - it has four photographs included. 

Thank you very much!

Berta

Zoe25
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Hi there, I just submitted my story but when I tried to upload the photos I got an error message. When I didnt attach photos the story submitted. Could you confirm that you received the story and please let me know if you need photos. If so, is there an alternative way I can send those to you?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Zoe25,

Thanks for checking about this. I have seen your story entry 'The Airbnb Evolution' and it has three images included. Is this what you were trying to submit?

I hope this is all fine now. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Yes many thanks!

Brooke25
Level 2
Darwin, Australia

Hey, I received a success message but was unable to view my submitted story. Can you please confirm it has been received? I submitted it twice just in case.

Hi Brooke, you mentioned a place where you can see the submitted stories. Could you let me know where that is? Im also not sure of my story was received and worried as the deadline is looming!

You can't see submitted stories - you can only tell  if your own story was submitted by a message you receive back. Seeing submitted stories isn't good because it may allow others to compare theirs against those already submitted. If Liz could clarify that - that would be good.

Makes sense. I have since managed to resubmit my story with photos. Hope all went well!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Brooke25,

Thanks for this. Yes, it has been received ('The Stay at Home Tourist') and it include photographs, so I hope this puts your mind at rest. 🙂

Good luck with your story.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie!

Im also receiving this error message.  Is there an e-mail address or anther way to submit before the deadline?  There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes

Julia159
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

On the link I have to submit stories for the host stories submission, there is no Icon to attach photos.  I'm all ready to submit, but unclear how to do this.  Please advise!

Thanks

Julia

I found another link to the story contest that had links for uploading, so all submitted now, whew!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Julia159,

I'm really pleased to hear you managed to send over your story. I can confirm it has been received, safe and sound. 🙂

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------