Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

Host Stories Contest 2016! *Now Closed*

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2016, the Host Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your amazing submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

DETAILS

Share your story starting November 17, 2016. The contest deadline for submissions will be December 16th, 2016.

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words and must contain a title.

*Updated: If possible, please include two photos with your entry (this is not a requirement for submission).

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $12,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $8,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $5,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the originality and creativity of the story submitted as well as the spirit of the submission in the way it relates to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered as a host user of Airbnb at the time of participation.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m. San Francisco time on 12/16/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQs

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: You may not edit your story after submission.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

For full rules, see contest rules attached below.

Good luck!

172 Replies 172

im unable to post my story. please help! it says correct the highlighted errors but I do not see any

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dr--J0,

Sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties with the form, it is likely to be a log in issue. I have seen your story 'Hospitality' has been submitted though, so I am glad it managed to work in the end. 

Good luck.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

thanks!

Where was this new link? I can't submit my story!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @CJ-And-Jack0,

Just seen your story has arrived with the team, so glad to see you managed to submit it in the end. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Nancy143
Level 2
Lake Havasu City, AZ

The form is not working correctly, I wrote my story but it continues to tell me to correct highlighted areas, and it's not highlighted.

Thank you for your assistance.

Nancy 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nancy143,

Just to put your mind at rest, it did work and you managed to submit your story sucessfully. Good luck. 🙂

--------------------

Stacey22
Level 2
Albion, CA

Hi there.  I just submitted an essay and received a thank you for submitting message but when I went on the link to view my essay it said it wasn't there...?  Is there any way to determing if I was successful in submitting it? 

thanks for your time - Stacey

Checking in again as I see others have been responded that their submissions have been received but I haven't.  I can easily resubmit it if needed.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Stacey22,

Just to let you know once you submit your story, this goes to a closed area, therefore don't worry if you don't see your submission as this is how it is due to work and it is the same for all of the stories submitted. 🙂

I can see your story 'Restoring Faith' has gone through, so you can relax and have a cup of tea now! hehe

Best of luck.

Lizzie

--------------------

Berta12
Level 2
Colonie, NY

Hello Lizzie,

I haven't received a response to my inquiry - not sure if my message came through. Can you please let me know that my submission went through - it has four photographs included.

Thank you very much!

Berta

My name is Lissa ***, I just submitted a story with photos included, was it received?

Thanks,

Lissa

Santa Fe

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lissa2,

Yes, it has all been received. 

Good luck.

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Berta12,

All sorted, I have moved your first one out. 

Best of luck again. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you - I greatly appreciate it.  Happy Holidays!