EU Hosts - Airbnb requires taxpayer information. Submit your info to keep hosting

Airbnb
Official Account

EU Hosts - Airbnb requires taxpayer information. Submit your info to keep hosting

Airbnb_0-1635158381876.png

If you have an EU property listing, or have an EU country of residence according to our records, new EU law (“DAC 7”) requires Airbnb to collect and share your taxpayer information on your listings. We built a new product to make it easier for hosts to provide income tax info and assign to each listing. 

After January 1, 2023, Hosts will have 60 days from the date of your first 2023 check-in to provide this information.

If we don’t receive the requested information within 60 days of your first 2023 check-in:

• We will be required to suspend your ability to accept new bookings or receive payouts from completed stays until your taxpayer information is received. 

Avoid interruptions to your payouts in 2023 - add income tax info to your Account today. 

We have also started compiling answers to your most common EU tax questions, and will continue updating as we hear more. What questions do you have about these upcoming EU tax changes?

53 Replies 53
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

The EU strikes again....hosts in the UK now must feel happy (Brexit)

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm not sure it's worth the trade-off, @Emiel1. Have you seen the queues we have to wait in now at immigration? Not pretty. Thankfully some sketchy Irish ancestry means an Irish passport for me 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 my first thought was does this apply to the UK? Many EU laws are just grandfathered over to the UK but I am not sure what happens to new/updated laws post the Brexit nightmare.

@Airbnb My question is does this apply to the UK

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 

In the link to "commmon EU tax questions" (see post) the UK is not mentioned in the list of countries.

Maybe wait until Airbnb is starting to sent messages to update your listing(s)....

@Emiel1 hopefully that is the case not least because the tax year in the UK runs from April 6th not Jan 1st as in more normal countries!

Australia’s tax year is 1 July through to 30 June. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 Just to let you know I've passed the question on. As soon as I have a reply I'll post an update here. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mike-And-Jane0 Quick update, the UK is not included in DAC 7 so this doesn't apply to UK Hosts.

-----

What about property manager's whit different owners for different listing’s? 

What is our responsibility in this situation?

@Markus489 As a professional property manager you should be able to get advice very easily from your accountants.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

We've had this in Norway since 2018. It was a requirement for Airbnb to be allowed to operate n European territory. EU is coming late to the table.

Daan59
Level 2
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

I’m not an entrepreneur and therefore have no Tax ID number in the Netherlands. Must I go to the chamber of commerce and sign up there in order to keep hosting on Airbnb, which I only do occasionally in my private home - obviously not as a ‘business’?!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Daan59 Good question! I've raised this with the team and I'll let you know more ASAP. 🙂

-----

Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hello @Daan59 ,

In this case you must only put your personal tax ID, when you reach the tax info page with the link, you will have the question "individual" or "business"

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)