Get involved in the Community Center’s Festival of Sustainability 2023 [Update]

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Get involved in the Community Center’s Festival of Sustainability 2023 [Update]

Festival of Sustainability Airbnb  Community Center.jpg

Hello everyone,

As the world grapples with issues of climate change, pollution, and other environmental challenges, the need for sustainability has never been more important.

One way of promoting sustainability is by bringing people together to celebrate the earth and learn ways to protect it. In celebration of Earth Day, we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to organize the second annual Festival of Sustainability, from April 20th to April 27th.

The festival is entirely online, full of great topics and fun conversation. You can revisit our first Festival by having a look here: Festival of Sustainability 2022.

The goal is to raise awareness of sustainable practices and offer practical solutions that anyone can adopt in their daily lives.  We do need your help, though, so we would like to invite you to get involved.

Here are two ways:

1. Community Photo Collage:

Share a photo of yourself somewhere “green.” It could be at a park,  a forest, a beach cleanup,  a botanical garden or even your backyard. We will stitch all the images together to make our very own community collage that we will share as a featured post at the end of the festival. Your photo could inspire others to take action, reduce their carbon footprint, and live more sustainably. So, dust off your camera, grab your phone, and snap a photo of yourself in a green space.

How this works: 

• Take a selfie of yourself somewhere “green”
  • Landscape or portrait
  • Clear, quality photos using your smartphone (or other device if you prefer)
  • Ideal image formats: JPEG or PNG
  • Send your submissions to airbnb-cc@airbnb.com to be included in the grand reveal at the end of the festival or post it below.

2. Create a detailed topic all sustainability:

If you would like to create a topic to be included in the week, please comment below or contact me directly to discuss this further. Some topics to consider are renewable energy sources, recycling, green products – we have other topics we can suggest as well so feel free to reach out if you’d like some ideas!

We are asking for a maximum of 750 words (if you can!), which we will translate into all the languages we support here on the CC to share during the Festival. 

Together, we can make a positive impact on our planet. Let's do this! Let’s all share and inspire each other during the Festival of Sustainability!

Thanks so much,

**Deadline for article submissions is Thursday, Apr 13, 2023 Monday, 17 April, 2023

**Deadline for photo submissions is Monday Apr 24, 2023

*Disclaimer 

By submitting your image to the email address above, you authorize Airbnb to use your media, your first name, profile photo, and city and country of residence in marketing materials to promote Airbnb.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

89 Replies 89

@Jennifer3225, @Laurelle3  @Quincy @felicity11

Besides pressure cleaning the paths and driveways for safety, we clean up the garden and the council street area. I also mow up the leaves on the council kerbs

outside the Airbnb property and place it in the composting, so less debris is going down the street drainage system. MONSOON GREEN being removed from my driveway!  Greening Australia by de-greening the slip factor.MONSOON GREEN being removed from my driveway! Greening Australia by de-greening the slip factor.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I can imagine that it can get quite slippery if not cleaned @Cathie19

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Clara116@Elena487@Kitty-and-Creek0@Delphine348@Felicity11@Anna1403@Mauricio467@Katja202@Daniel1651@Felicity11@Denise583

Just tagging all of you who participated last year (in case you might be interested this year as well 😊)

Here's what you've written last year 🤩 (click here) 👈

Quincy

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy @Jennifer3225 @Felicity11 

I  have started with step 1 and put the challenge out on our South Coast Airbnb FB page for our local area of Huskisson. I have had a response for a little further down the coast another beach area. I have put it out there for other beach areas. Whose to know what happens next.

The stone is rolling slowly and gathering moss. We have 100 beaches in the Shoalhaven shire and there is many more beaches north and south of the shire stillwithin the South Coast Airbnb FB communication. 

@Quincy  Still waiting for the response for the Susainable badge

Delphine348
Host Advisory Board Member
Achères-la-Forêt, France

Hi @Quincy ,

Yes I will write another post this year and will clean our forest nearby (Fontainebleau forest) as usual. 

In France we have a website that help all local or national association to advertise their environnemental actions. Like this if we don't know what to do, we can find a clean-up close by all year long.  

Like @Felicity11 I always pick up trashes when I walk outside 😊 

Delphine

(Sauf indication contraire, mes contributions sont issues de mon expérience en tant qu'hôte)
Felicity11
Manly, Australia

Lots of writting going on here Jennifer and i will have it through to you very soon. - Perhaps even with some videos!!

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy I am working on my piece for sustainability. It should be there by the 13th posted from NZ. Visiting daughter again. Can you send me the google editing page please

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy I will work on something for Sustainability. I have started on the wearing of green and keeping Australia clean especially in our own backyard - the beach. I think I have 3 takers on our local Airbnb FB page in 3 different locations.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laurelle3, it's lovely to hear that 3 others have joined! I will reach out to you via DM with some details later today 🙂

-----

Felicity11
Manly, Australia

Hi @Laurelle3 

That is wonderful news well done you! Go team Australia.. 

Felicity 

Rita2164
Level 4
United Kingdom

Good Idea!

I have sent myself a reminding email.

Thank you

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

That's great @Rita2164 - have you had any ideas yet?  Do you think you'd like to submit a photo or write a topic?

We'd love to hear your ideas!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ian-and-Gemma0
Level 1
Llansanffraid Glan Conwy, United Kingdom

Not sure if relevant but our primary school has 150 hens with the 125,000th egg due to be laid imminently- all profits reinvested into our apiary of 14 bee hives. The only school in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 registered to sell eggs to shops 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

This sounds fantastic @Ian-and-Gemma0!

Would you want to take some photos of the hens, or your bee hives, or would you like to write a topic about any of the above with a focus on sustainability?

If you'd like to discuss or get some inspiration please give us a shout!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines