Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Let-S-Dance--Put-On-Your0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, this is my first time I am using this page, so I am not sure if this page is only to talk about the payment system?

I like to make another point if possible. Is it just me that is unhappy with the new request system , I am now FORCED by airbnb to sign up with instant booking! The reason why I NEVER signed up in the first place is that I like and want a dialogue before I accept the guest. After all, I want to know who I will have staying with me at my home! I live at the home I rent out my room.

Now because of your new discrimination law, I CAN NOT see the guests profile photo and am NOT ABLE to read any info of the persons profile! 

But Guests already know half of my life when they read my profile, because of all the info that is available on my profile!!! Something is not right here...

Dino

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please make it easier for guests to know which nights they are actually booking, and how many nights they have booked. Every now and again, I have guests who think that the second date, which they inserted on the calendar, is the date of their last night, not the morning of their check-out. So they book for one night too few. I've just been booking stays for myself and I can see that it is confusing, and that the information which I received after booking wasn't as clear as I would like it to be. Please make it clear that the second date is CHECK-OUT or LEAVING ON date and then in the confirmation, please make it clear how many nights have been booked and the ARRIVAL DATE and LEAVING ON date.

Thank you.

Karen577
Level 1
Wallisellen, CH

For some reason, now guest photos do not appear before their reservation is confirmed which is a little disturbing for hosts who share their homes during guest stays, as I would at least like to see who the person coming into my home looks like!

I also feel that guests are able to write incorrect information about themselves, such as which country they come from and providing telephone numbers that don't work. This is also troubling.

I hope that Airbnb continues to address host needs. 

Olga593
Level 1
Piedmont, Italy

Hello from Olga!  I can not see my announce in your veb site... What can I do?  Could you please recommend me? 

Please bring back the calculating tool which tells you potential profit when pre-selecting various dates on the calendar screen. 

Having this out makes financial decisions related to bookings more difficult as you have to count up all the dates manually. I used this tool a lot when it was available, I am not sure why it was removed? 

Daniel2965
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Check-in / Check-out estimates:

A lot of tedious Host/Guest correspondence is about what time guests turn up, and when they expect to leave. This is especially  important if you are juggling a new set of guests on the same day that older guests leave. But also important if need to greet them personally. Or just want to know when you can re-enter your own apartment and get the washing done!

Technically, it should be very, very easy for AirBNB to add a couple of data-fields, where guests type in their ESTIMATED check-in and check-out times, when doing the original request. Could be a Drop-down datafield, where you can either choose a specific Hour.....or select a wider interval e.g. "Late Afternoon".

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Check-in and check-out times : I  believe that there is already a feature which guests can use to select their arrival time. Some of my guests use it. I would like AirBnB to make it impossible for guests to select a check-in time which is outside of the hours which I have specified. My guests  sometimes select  an arrival time which is outside of my specified hours.  The AirBnB  site allowed them to book instantly, even though they specified a time outside of my check-in hours.

Bryce13
Level 2
Spokane, WA

When opening a ticket regarding hosting a particular listing, the unique ID is not showing, and the description is cut off after a few characters. I would recommend making the information provided much more descriptive.

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

AIRBNB- Please sort out the "Get Directions" button which you send to guests. It DOES NOT provide a map with an accurate address. I've been a host for over 3 years, and I have to send messages to my guests telling them not to use this button. I send them a link to a map which has a flag on my exact house, and I tell them my exact address. I raised this problem with AirBnB at the begining, and was told that everything was working fine. IT IS NOT WORKING FINE. I've just booked some Airbnb stays for myself and I can see that this is a common problem. One host, immediately sent a message telling me not to use the "Get directions" button. The other host didn't realise that there was a problem, but I could see that her address was printed on my itinerary as No 13 XYZ Road, but the "Get directions" button, shows a map, with a flag which says No 17 XYZ Road. I assume that the problem is caused by AirBnB software simply putting the host's postal code into  G-Maps, instead of putting in the whole address. In England, and apparently in Sweden, where I was booking, the post code is not unique to individual houses, but applies to several houses, so unless the whole address is used in G-Maps, then G-Maps will put a flag, somewhere random within that post code. This is a simple bit of coding to correct. Please use the whole address, when putting the host's address into G-Maps.

Sophie1096
Level 1
Diani Beach, Kenya

I get many guests who have difficulty paying by credit card simply because they just dont have one.

Can this process be streamlined to accommodate country requirements.

Susanna183
Level 1
Paris, France

I won’t honor these changes with a detailed comment. It’s not an improvement you have created a perfect mess.

Beth171
Level 2
Canton, NC

Dear Airbnb,

Thanks for all that you have done for me;  making it possible to continue living in my home with

your financial help,  bringing a host of wonderful people into my home,  and giving me a business of my home.

I would like to ask for more support in knowing who's coming.  I have Steven and friend coming here 

this Wednesday..  Until just a few minutes ago I had no phone number, no bio, no photo, and no reviews.   (well of course, Steven just joined.)  But my point is; he has all this information about me including where I live, and I have nothing on him.  I'm an 85 year old widow living alone, loving Airbnb, but feeling just a bit skittish about having so little information regarding a guest.

Thank you for all the good things that you have been doing.

Yours Sincerely,

Beth Ariss

Snowy Owl,

105 Guy Way

Canton, N.C. 28716

828-232-7004

Barb104
Level 1
Eureka Springs, AR

Please figure out how to show our other rooms that are listed with you as available.

Right now I have a request from my AIR twin bed listing but they want one bed, not two.  I have rooms listed with you that fit their request but they have not found those listing yet.

Why can't we still list the rooms as separate accounts but have a link that says...."SEE OTHER ROOMS" on each listing????????? You just have to put a links to our main page with all of our listings.

Barb

11 Singleton House

479-253-9111

it would be good if we could get as much information about the guest as possible.
how long has it been on airbnb, what are its ratings as a guest, All in terms of greater protection for our host.

Logan-J-0
Level 2
Boston, MA

we have three bedrooms. bedroom 1 and 2 have a shared bathroom and we charge $45

Bedroom 3 is a suite with a private bath and we want to charge $65

Is there a way to do this on the system or is it up to us to inform the guest. the difference in room charge between 1,2 and 3.