Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467

hi you deducted far more than you should have.   no what / was supposed to be paid 4$ 6964 now $6300 on  hold for hrs

Hi if i show receipts of materials i spent on construction then it will be subtracted from the taxes I owe correct? 

Also to do this I must have my property as cooperation or having it as regular is fine? 

I am under the impression that the local town will give me proof of Airbnb paying the taxes.

I know I will be able to deduct the cleaning fee difference that has been charged, as well as improvements to the site ( new furnace).  Is there anything else I NEED  TO prepare for my tax accountant. It is our first year of hosting Jean

Jean,

I would advise for your Airbnb yearkt that you use a CPA

the CPA can deduct house depreciation, construction projects,

utilities, any supplies/materials, use of professionals in repair and maintenance,

property taxes and house insurance. To name a few.

Worth the cost, as a rental depreciates and there is a write off for that, which the scale isn't something readily available for CPA types like me.

Warm regards and good luck

Elyse

Exactly! I have had an ongoing "discussion", dispute, penalty-waiving the penalty about the tax issue in Wyoming. It's been a nightmare and a real thorn in my side! It's my responsibility and I get no answers that suit me from my state tax agency.

AirBnb is completely inconsistent about taxes - I can't even incorporate my applicable sales tax into my price, I have to charge the guests directly, collecting from them after they arrive. (Ontario, Canada).  

I agree that the taxes should be added on the amount after airbnb takes is share. This way we could  know right away what should be put aside for tax remittence.

The way it is now makes us lose money in a certain manner. If we add à fictional amount on the room price To cover taxes, airbnb gets profit on the taxes.

Nadine

Air bnb is an amazing enterprise for sure , and it is like a big family in some way. When I recently stayed at an air bnb in Venice, Italy and in Copenhagen, Denmark,  I was instructed to leave  Euros per person on the table to cover "city tax".   I thought it seemed a bit odd in a way-- but when in Venice....  I'm not sure how that would fly over here to work out the share of taxes etc per night and ask that of the guest like I did in Venice.  I try to keep my fee fair , low as possible so there may be wiggle room but as far as I know it is not standard practice around here. 

Hi Janine....I live in Ontario too.  What do you do about taxes?

Get a bunch of AirBnB people together and go to your city and have it voted in that AirBnB collects and submits the taxes for you.   AirBnB collects and submits all taxes in Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lee County Florida.

That is not correct in all markets.  In my market, they do not have a way for me to collect sales taxes from my guests.  They only pay sales taxes on their service fees.

Guys don’t fuss over this. You get a 1098 from Airbnb how much you made for tax purposes. You tell your account how much you paid the co host and he will advice how you write that off ( you may have to give that co host a 1099 or 1098 as well for that amount) About co-host it could be anyone , I made one of my regular guest a co host once ) Let’s be a family we all learn from each other -no insults. Love Joe

Way  to go Joe! Best to not worry your mind with such little stuff, focus on the big stuff, chill out.

Yes, I agree that tax payment is good for it is a business.

Your expenses are deductable on a schedule E.  ALL DONE!