The Instant Book pre-booking message feature is returning

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The Instant Book pre-booking message feature is returning

Airbnb Belo.png

As part of our Winter Release 2022, we shared changes that we are making to Instant Book requirements, including the removal of the pre-booking message. 

We read your questions, feedback, and concerns around the removal of this message and shared it with our product team. 

Because of your feedback, the pre-booking message feature will be returned to Instant Booking settings starting today, December 12th. You’ll find it on your desktop view first, and it will return in your mobile app in the coming weeks. Guests will automatically see your message in the booking experience starting today. If you previously had a pre-booking message required, the same message will appear back in your settings. No action will be needed from you. 

With each release and update, we spend time listening to our Hosts, and thank you for your continued support, constructive feedback and partnership here in the Community Center.

Thanks,

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

59 Replies 59
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robbie54 Thanks for checking! Let me enquire for you guys, I'll circle back here shortly. 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robbie54 @Adriano78 I've got a bit more info on this - it's being rolled out in stages from 9am PST, so we expect to see it globally deployed by the end of day for all!

Emilie

-----

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Emilie thought it might be something like that. Thanks for the info 👍

@Emilie  i am looking the desktop view

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for clarifying! I mentioned it just a few moments ago, we're actually deploying this gradually so we're expecting it to be back for everyone by the end of the day. If you still don't see anything then, let me know please @Adriano78🙂

Emilie

-----

Louise1097
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

WHERE IS THE HOST RECOMMENDATION?!!!

Lack of negative reviews IS NOT the same as host recommendation, or anything like.

We have switched off instant book, as have dozens of people we know. Until host recommendation returns.

We are getting to the point where we no longer have any interest in Air hosting. Was our only platform until May. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Louise1097 for sharing your thoughts on this, I appreciate your honesty and I'm sorry that you still don't feel instant Book is right for you!

Good track records does not only require guests to not have negative reviews, it also requires them to not have recently broken Airbnb policies—or house rules set by Hosts. I'll however of course take your feedback to the team regarding Host recommendation. 🙂

Emilie

-----

@Emilie Earlier on this comment thread you said that the guest had to have a review to instant book (“…they do need to have a review already”). Can you please clarify? For example: can a guest with zero reviews and one Airbnb stay in their history instant book?

@Justine275  I just had a total newbie book via IB (I turned it back on last night) and now it says “awaiting guest ID”  

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Emilie but how does breaking house rules get reported? I've just had guests who brought an extra kid (slept on the couch), how do I mark them down for that? in the review process? is that it? Do I have to give them 3* or lower for the system to recognise they've broken a rule?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 To determine incidents such as a breach of house rules under the Good track record requirement, the system looks at both the Host provided review and any Community Support requests initiated by the Host. 

Hope this helps!

Emile

-----

Thank you for answering this question multiple times in response to different posters.  On this particular response, I'm wondering if you could elaborate.  I think I'm understanding how the vetting process works, but would like more information on "community supported requests".  Is this to say that if a host does not report a house rule violation, that the 'system' assumes the guest didn't break any?  And is this an automated system of vetting guests for IB?

Hi @Gillian166 , add a comment in the comments section on the relevant page when doing a Review - It should come up then under their Reviews.

I didn't realise til after I'd completed and had recent reviews done for me that those added up to 50 letters box is published for others to see.

Hope that helps

@Helen427  that's helpful for hosts, but will "the system" (meaning, a computer) be able to fathom it?  

the system looks at both the Host provided review and any Community Support requests initiated by the Host. 

can The System understand what it is reading? I don't think so. 4-5 stars is good, so I assume The System won't care what notes we leave, so that's why I'm wondering if 3* or lower is when The System pays attention?

Federica400
Level 2
Castiglione d'Orcia, Italy

@Emilie The difference is huge 🤷‍♀️

I can understand the need to go easier with the IB, but I experienced a reservation with no reviews and no stays at all, it was a new guest, on airbnb from a couple of weeks.

this may not happen. There must be a rule, even if it’s not the previous guest recommendation. Something like “good track record and minimum 2 reviews”…

I’m in Italy and I feel like it’s dangerous to have reservations like this!