Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are the most unique hosting ideas you’ve seen?‌‌

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.12.04.png

Hello everyone!

I hope you've all had a great weekend. 

Over the past years, I've seen some amazing ideas from hosts to make hosting easier or perhaps even enhance their homes.  

I am sure that many of us have probably taken a peek at another listing to see if they can make some improvements themselves (this is what I did when I just started hosting). 

For instance, I've once heard someone saying that he had the idea of giving one of his rooms the same look as the tubes here in London and thought that this was a very unique idea :).

Having said the above, made me wonder what the most unique hosting ideas are that you have seen? Have you implemented some of these ideas in your own home? 

Feel free to truly share ANY unique ideas that you've seen!

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

32 Replies 32
Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

@Dale711 @That looks amazing, if only I were not afraid of heights. 

@Michelle1851 come "glamp" in our Barn in Texas... no scary heights, but we do have a glass garage door 🙂

(Anything I have to zipline into probably isn't making the list!!, but wow! what an experience @Dale711 )

Kelly149_0-1616026854852.png

Kelly149_1-1616026883665.png

@Kelly149 What a FUNky little spot you have there.  I might have to check it out myself.

@Casey-And-Dane-lle0 Austin is such a great food city, y'all would love it!! And I'm currently trying to add a lake view to my life, so I'm jealous of your place!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Very nice, indeed! @Kelly149 

Visiting Texas is still something I need to tick off on my bucket list :-). 

-----

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

That was some serious money that went into creating that place in Peru.

@Sarah977 right? I think its super cool but I would not trust myself with the level of altitude sickness I tend to get. 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

We have a converted schoolhouse from the 1850s. It was once the one-room schoolhouse that served the estate workers for the Francis Scott Key family farm, Terra Rubra. It closed as a school in 1929 and we have a picture of the last class to go through in our living room. I actually follow a bunch of other one room schoolhouse owners on Instagram-- we are a quirky bunch!

ffc1.jpgffclights.pngFFC2.jpg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a lovely place @Laura2592! Is your home in or near a Forrest by any chance? It looks so nice and green everywhere 😃

-----

@Quincy we are on a wooded lot that looks dramatically different in summer vs winter. These pics were taken when all the trees are filled in. At the point when the school was built in 1850s I am sure it was all forest 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Absolutely love it! @Laura2592 

-----

Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

@Laura2592 @Kelly149  I would love to stay in both of your properties, both show so much character and care!

@Michelle1851 thank you! Your condo is adorable as well. I do think a lot of the reason we are so consistently booked is that we have a unique building. People do like the history of the space. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Laura2592 my true dream house would be a converted old church in a small town, but a converted school building is a close second