A total drop in requests, I have been a super host for 10 years and all of a sudden I hav zero bookings, why?

Carolyn-Shakti0
Level 2
Northampton, MA

A total drop in requests, I have been a super host for 10 years and all of a sudden I hav zero bookings, why?

I would like a reason, answer from Airbnb about this

I have been an airbnb host for 14 years, with superhost status

In the past 6 months I've had almost no requests, and in the past 2 months  zero

I  called to speak to someone about the whys, if this was a trend? They were totally unhelpful, saying oh your listing looks great, oh you're a super host, oh no problems

I am totally shocked by the sudden shift, and want some answers 

1 Reply 1
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Carolyn-Shakti0 ,

this seem to be a reoccurring theme with many hosts. It is happening to me as well. 
I assumed that taxes were due, travel is down globally due to conflicts/war & many people I personally know are not traveling as much this summer due to all the uncertainties of life. And I must add that competition in my area is booming. Keep track of your comparisons to your competition. 
I also find when I incognito & search my place AirBnB algorithms  make no sense. When I use my search filters I’m shown places that are 20 plus miles away, are nothing like what I filtered  i.e. showing me 4 bedrooms 2-3 baths when my criteria is McHenry,  2 bedrooms 1 bath. Plus I place pricing maximums in & I’m shown towns over 45 minutes away asking $100 plus  more than what I toggled. 
Possibly AirBnB needs to fix their search algorithms too. 
The best of luck  in more bookings. I’m waiting for my rainbow to come out too!

Bettye6