Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Accommodation business advice

Answered!
Isack2
Level 2
Sanya Juu, Tanzania

Accommodation business advice

I have new accommodation place in Sanya juu, West kilimanjaro wiri village, I wonder how long it takes to get customers? I have place to accommodate 8 guests, and other new 4rooms are on constructions. Is there anyone to advise? 

Top Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Isack2 it will depend totally on your market. My guess is that tour groups etc will already have accommodation sorted so it might take you a while to get established. I also have no idea if there is a high season where you are.

MORE importantly you need to sort out your listing as it is currently set up wrong (I think). If you are effectively running a hotel you need a listing for each room. As currently set up you are actually selling the whole place for the price of a room and it will disappear from the search engine as soon as one room is booked.

View Top Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Isack2 it will depend totally on your market. My guess is that tour groups etc will already have accommodation sorted so it might take you a while to get established. I also have no idea if there is a high season where you are.

MORE importantly you need to sort out your listing as it is currently set up wrong (I think). If you are effectively running a hotel you need a listing for each room. As currently set up you are actually selling the whole place for the price of a room and it will disappear from the search engine as soon as one room is booked.