Account Suspension

Answered!
Teshawn0
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Account Suspension

Hello, my name is Kym Jonson I help manage my nephews account because of his disability. Recently my nephew’s account was deactivated because he was accused of being discriminating and racist against call center employees over the phone starting from March to April. Prior to that there have not been any incidents of that magnitude and my nephew has had his account for almost 10 years. I believe that there was some problematic comments made in early March, but I also believe that there are some comments that were taking out of context. I also believe another problem with Airbnb is their customer service is a bad. Most of the agents lie, mislead and I believe take advantage of host on this platform. I think Airbnb is trying to push this under the rug and not trying to acknowledge they have a problem with their customer support. At this point we don’t know what to do because days are just passing and we are losing money not being able to host. We also don’t believe Airbnb will be fair with there host

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please don't be rude to fellow hosts who are trying to help you. @Teshawn0 

Clearly @Mike-And-Jane0  was  not comparing Tourette's to your nephews medical condition. He was saying having Tourette's might account for your nephews discrimination/racist comments . . 

I agree there'a no place in our community for racism/discrimination and the daily abuse call centre staff face from hosts is appalling.

yes Airbnb does not train its CS team  resulting in bad customer service but that's no excuse for racism.

I would suggest your nephew uses other STR platforms and sets up direct booking channels .  @Teshawn0 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Teshawn0 Unless your nephews disability means he is racist or discriminatory without any control I doubt you will overturn Airbnb's decision.Racism rightly has no place on Airbnb.

Well I wouldn’t know the mind of a person who is autistic, ADHD and has cerebral palsy thinks. Would you? 

@Teshawn0 No and I don't know what he said to support to get himself removed from the platform. If I were you I would contact a medical professional with all the facts and see if his disability provides a valid excuse. I was thinking something like Tourettes would be a valid excuse for saying some things.

I don’t have to contact any professional when I have his medical records and I have his IEP records from high school. the fact that your comparing tourette’s syndrome to cerebral palsy clearly indicates you have no ideal what you’re talking about. You might wanna sit this one out

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please don't be rude to fellow hosts who are trying to help you. @Teshawn0 

Clearly @Mike-And-Jane0  was  not comparing Tourette's to your nephews medical condition. He was saying having Tourette's might account for your nephews discrimination/racist comments . . 

I agree there'a no place in our community for racism/discrimination and the daily abuse call centre staff face from hosts is appalling.

yes Airbnb does not train its CS team  resulting in bad customer service but that's no excuse for racism.

I would suggest your nephew uses other STR platforms and sets up direct booking channels .  @Teshawn0 

And Helen please explain how I am being rude? 

And how does Tourette’s account to being racist? 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Teshawn0 ,

We are truly sorry to hear about what has been going on with the account but rest assured that the appropriate teams are closely reviewing the case. 

As mentioned in another thread of yours, one of our colleagues has already shared your case. Our Support team will reach out to you in due course.

While I understand your worries, your fellow Host members here are keen on helping you. We all must be respectful towards each other and abide by our Community Center Guidelines.

Having said that, I can see that the discussion no longer is contributing to the intended topic and as a Community Manager, I am closing this thread from further comments.

If you have further questions, please feel free to get in touch with any of our Community Managers via DM. 

Thanks for your understanding.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Bhumika did you get any of my messages?