Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Advice on my first listing in London please!

Linda4733
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Advice on my first listing in London please!

I am a brand new host and would love some feedback on my listing which is presently slow to get bookings.

I have had it listed for around 6 weeks and have 1 booking coming up in 2 weeks. 

Thanks a lot in advance 

Linda 

Listing link: Condo in Greater London · ★New · 1 bedroom · 1 bed · 1 bath

6f8661c7-de31-4baf-9c09-63cfac00902c copy.png

[Listing link added by OCM]

9 Replies 9
Oksana127
Level 10
Riga, Latvia

@Linda4733 It's great that you’re taking the time to seek feedback on your listing. Here are some tips that might help you improve your chances of getting more bookings:

1. Photos: High-quality, well-lit photos can make a significant difference. Ensure your photos showcase all the key areas of the apartment, including the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, and any unique features. Consider hiring a professional photographer or using natural light for better results.

2. Title and Description: Your listing title should be catchy and highlight unique features. In the description, be detailed and engaging—talk about what makes your space special, nearby attractions, and any amenities you offer.

3. Pricing: Make sure your pricing is competitive compared to similar listings in your area. You can use Airbnb’s Smart Pricing tool to adjust your rates based on demand.

4. Availability: If your calendar is not open for many dates, potential guests might overlook your listing. Ensure you have a good number of available dates.

5. Instant Book: If you haven't already, consider enabling Instant Book. This can make it easier for guests to book your space without waiting for your approval.

6. Guest Reviews: Encourage guests to leave reviews after their stay. Positive reviews can greatly enhance your listing's visibility and attractiveness.

7. Response Time: Aim to respond quickly to inquiries. A fast response can improve your chances of securing a booking.

8. Social Media Promotion: Consider sharing your listing on social media platforms to reach a wider audience.

Best of luck with your hosting journey!

정희준0
Level 1
Seogwipo-si, South Korea

좋은 정보를 주셔서 감사합니다.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hiya @Linda4733 ,

Your listing is beautiful and what a great location! Not sure if it's intentional but looks like your calendar is closed at the moment for bookings!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Linda4733
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rebecca thanks a lot.

My calander is open from the second week of October. I was expecting a few more bookings in advance. I have my first person staying from 11th-15th October.  I guess perhaps as a brand new host I will get more of my bookings abit closer to the day. 
Thanks again for taking time with the feedback 

Linda 

정희준0
Level 1
Seogwipo-si, South Korea

감사합니다. 10월 11일부터 15일까지 예약은 가능합니다.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Glad to hear you've had a booking @Linda4733 - please let us know how it goes, I'm sure you're going to smash it! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

정희준0
Level 1
Seogwipo-si, South Korea

달력은 항상 열려있씁니다. 감사합니다.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Linda4733 

I wonder why you have your listing listed as Greater London rather than East Finchley? 

when you looked into listing in London did you look at supply and demand for your sort of listing in your part of London.

London is an oversaturated market coupled with falling demand and we are moving into the winter season so that will also reduce demand. 

As you can only let up to 90 days in London have you thought how you are going to let out your property outside of the 90 day limit?

i would suggest to increase bookings you list on other relevant STR platforms.

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Linda4733 

Just thoughts I pretend I am a Guest.

Your condo is beautiful but London does have many beautiful condos.  What to me would of been more enticing is the fun English neighborhood.  Shops Restaurants and looks within walking distance.  I would highlight that because though many London condos not all offer me a memory of my trip to London.

I know Airbnb advises experienced members at first.  That is a very difficult market when you are new.  I wouldn't encourage Instabook yet but with that requirement your prices are not visible or the ability to even chat if not an experienced guest.

Being close to public transportation in a beautiful condo.  Many guests probably will be foreigners.  Not having to drive in a foreign country a big plus and a big savings on costs.

Looks like great shops and eating create a guidebook that highlights traditional food, where to pick up groceries,.

My brain is constantly moving entice the middle market. We want to stay somewhere clean and beautiful  We can and are willing to pay for that benefit.  We aren't insanely rich so a beautiful condo that eliminates rental car fees, provides a great kitchen and easy access to groceries lowers the costs of dining out and has great traditional restaurants so I can treat myself.