Airbnb making changes without informing hosts

Jo984
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Airbnb making changes without informing hosts

I have had no bookings for this season and couldn't understand why.  Finally I realized that my host profile picture was no longer the one guests viewed in traveling mode. The algorythm is now randomly choosing cover photos with disastrous results and we aren't even informed. It's only by logging on as a guest that you realize this is happening! I've been on the phone with superhost support for a week and noone explained the problem or helped me solve it. This is unbelievable, we are paying good money for being treated like sht.

1 Reply 1
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Jo984 

Yes there have been some posts on this issue recently and here is a link to one that is showing up just before your post.  There's a search bar here on the CC if you want to access other posts on the topic:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Cover-Photo-I-have-chosen-is-not-being-us...

You also speak of the host profile picture being changed -  never heard of that before as that's usually a photo of us that we upload from our photo library.  Pictures of the cover photo chosen by the host - yes and as you say sometimes chosen by AI but we can override it.

If your listing is in different categories, then AI also chooses which picture to put forward and not always with the best results as you'll read in the link above!

All the best
Joëlle