Anyone having problems with Accent graves?

Fay231
Level 1
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Anyone having problems with Accent graves?

Hi fellow hosts

I hope you are all well during these strange covid days!

I am having trouble with Accent graves and people outside of Europe finding my listings in Italy, here in a nutshell is the problem :

I have been hosting for nearly 6 years and most people find me by accident, when I try to direct someone outside of the EU to my listings they have great difficulty and after 6 years we finally figured out that it's the accent grave è! Most European countries especially Italy and France, as you will probably know, have this as standard on their keyboards BUT Britain, Ireland, America etc don't necessarily and you have to look for it. If you type Aglie, piemonte, into a Google search, it takes that into consideration and brings you automatically to Agliè with or without the accent grave è, but if you do the same on the Airbnb search engine, it doesn't recognise it until you add è or extras like Canavese, Piemonte or Italy as it struggles to find Agliè as Aglie!!! My tablet is set to British standard vocabulary and its a MASSIVE pain in the neck to fiddle around trying to add the è when writing as a I have to write: Agli space single e go to 123 change the e to è go back to the message delete the space to change it!!!! Imagine trying to to that on a phone!

I went through the help centre to report this, they sent it to technical support and I was then directed to feedback! 

Is there anywhere else to report a problem that will actually be taken seriously and followed through?

Many thanks if you can help or indeed you have got this far. 

Kind regards 

Fay 

1 Reply 1
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Fay231  That seems nuts!  But I just tried to search Aglie without the accent in my app and the first place to come up was - Agliè, TO.  Is that correct?  

Also, there's an easier way to put an accent on a letter - you only need to press the letter you want to accent and all the accent choices will appear above the letter.  You can do this on an iPhone or iPad, and when typing on a computer or laptop you only need to hold down the key for the letter you want to accent and the same thing will happen.