Availability settings

Answered!
Nicholas792
Level 2
Chalford Hill, United Kingdom

Availability settings

Hi I have set my minimum night stay in availability to 2.

it shows I have set it but guests can still book for 1 night . I’ve asked for help from Airbnb but all they say is it has been set to 2 nights.

can anyone help 

1 Best Answer

@Nicholas792 

Be sure to delete the number and hit "Save". It that doesn't work, then try changing each day to "2" since that is what you want anyway. Be sure to hit Save.

Custom Min Stay by Day.png 2.png

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12

Hi @Nicholas792 

Hmmm...that's kinda hard to troubleshoot unless we can see your calendar settings. Your default min stay setting is on your calendar at the top. You see a Pricing and Availability Tab. Click Availability and you should see where you set Min & Max stay:

Calendar 2.jpg

Nicholas792
Level 2

Hi Joan 2709 thanks for your reply. I’ve done everything you’ve mentioned to set the minimum stay the guest

can still book for 1 night even though I’ve got it set for 2 .

Hi @Nicholas792 

Apparently there is another setting to check, I have never used it but it is "Customize By Day". You need to be sure you don't have anything in those boxes (they should be blank). Another Host @Miguel1423 created a Community Guide on this and I wasn't even aware it was there. If this fixes your issue, let us know here as it might help another Host with the same problem. Here is the link:

Change or Correct Min Stay Settings

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Calendar-Tools-Change-or-Correct-Minimum-...

Joan2709_0-1706743872256.pngCustomize Min Stay By Day.png

Nicholas792
Level 2

Thanks @Joan2709  I have tried that but it when I try to delete the customize by day amount to zero. It won’t let me . It says the numbers in the boxes must show at least 1 . 

@Nicholas792 

Be sure to delete the number and hit "Save". It that doesn't work, then try changing each day to "2" since that is what you want anyway. Be sure to hit Save.

Custom Min Stay by Day.png 2.png

Nicholas792
Level 2

Hi Joan thanks for your help. The problem is solved. Thankyou 

@Nicholas792 

Yay!! Thanks for letting us know here, as it could help another Host experiencing the same problem.

I have the same issue and the 2 numbers are set by default for each day. I am using computer. Do I have to clear them and hit save button?

photo040224115109.jpg

photo040224115655.jpg

Nicholas792
Level 2

@Muslim4 Try deleting each number 2 and put it back then save but 

make sure you redo it one box at a time and click save for each box. 
hope this helps 

Redid them all, one by one, but not yet had a chance to check them. Thanks anyway!

Nicholas792
Level 2

No problem hope you get it sorted 

@Nicholas792 @Joan2709 
Thanks for the step by step guide to change things. I just wanted to mention that when one tries to change anything, it is best to go to the computer and website for Airbnb as it has more functions than the app does.

I say this because I had an issue with discounts stacking and could not find it. I spent 20 minutes or more on the phone trying to trouble shoot as I do most of my Airbnb updating and communication within the app. It turns out there was a feature only available on the website to set a minimum monthly price for seasonality and months and that was stacking with other discounts (I didn’t remember setting this up when I created my listing). However this feature was not available on the app so I was at a lost. I understand app and website platforms are different but they should try to have all features available on both. Finally getting it confirmed that full functionality is available on the website only is helpful to know as this was not made clear when I set up my listing or as a user of the Airbnb app.