Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bed count

Answered!

Bed count

My listing shows 3 beds- I only have 2. Airbnb said with the newest update hosts can no longer change the number of beds- Airbnb engineers have to fix that..anyone have an idea how I can do it? Rather not wait for Airbnb 

Top Answer

Airbnb never got back to my with a fix.

i went to photos and under description where you can put number of beds- I deleted all the beds until it showed none. Then I added them back in

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Samantha1370 

As hosts if we don't provide what is listed then guests can demand compensation so this person should not be saying there is nothing they can do!  

I can see your 6 listings are with the photo tour and think that you're having trouble with the Condo in Destin, Florida - is this correct?  I can see noted 3 beds under the title but then see only  a King bed in the master and then a Queen sofa bed in the lounge and no mention of this mystery third bed in any of the two above rooms.

This looks like a glitch as all your other beds are correctly shown for your other listings.  I imagine you have already gone in and checked that there isn't a third bed ticked in these two rooms so I would attempt deleting the bedroom and the lounge as rooms ( your photos will not be lost but automatically be placed in the additional photos section) and then see if you're still seeing 1 bed under the title? (Hopefully not)   Then go back and recreate these two rooms and select the photos again from the additional photos and select your number of beds and bed size again per room.

Fingers crossed and let us know and if it doesn't work then contact CS again until you find someone competent who will take this to the tech department.

Best

Joëlle

Thanks for responding. I tried removing the beds/rooms but it doesn’t change what guests see which is 3 beds. I’ve called 3 times. Last rep said I’d have to wait another 48 hours until “engineers” fix it. I’ve also had cancellations because of this. 

Oh that's really bad that you've had cancellations because of this @Samantha1370 and I'm sorry that removing rooms didn't work.  I will tag our community managers to see if they can do something their end  and work some of their magic 😉 @Bhumika and @Paula

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thanks for tagging us, @Joelle43 

This indeed looks strange, @Samantha1370. I am sending your case to the relevant team for review. They will contact you for further advice.

I hope this gets resolved soon.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hi @Samantha1370 

There is another host having the same issue as you @Mahigan1 and out of curiosity I went back onto your listing and I can see that the problem has been sorted😊 That third bed is gone - yah! Can you let us  know how you fixed it?  Was it a bug?

Airbnb never got back to my with a fix.

i went to photos and under description where you can put number of beds- I deleted all the beds until it showed none. Then I added them back in

Thanks for that info which I'm sure will prove very useful for others @Samantha1370 and good on you for having found the fix😊

Actually it hasn't be solved on my side. The sleeping place that doesn't disappear is the "sofa bed" in the section "Where you'll sleep". It's still there unfortunately. Yes it's a bug. I escalated the issue, they told me their engineers were on it, but you know... not holding my breath.