Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Can i modify one of my current listing to a new listing?

Answered!
Stacy55
Level 2
Saint-Étienne, France

Can i modify one of my current listing to a new listing?

Hello dear community, 

I'd like to know if possible to modify my old listing to a new listing? as they both are in the same location, same building and the house rules are the same?

As my old listing became a long term rental and i'm going to post a new one, wondering if possible to use the old descriptions and just upload new photos?

Thank you so much for your time and kind assistance 🙂

Top Answer

@Stacy55 

Yes, if you put your listing on pause or make it inactive for a period (like a year), your reviews will remain on the listing when you reactivate it. Airbnb retains your listing data, including reviews, while it's paused, so when you resume hosting, all the past guest feedback should still be visible on your listing.

However, it’s always a good idea to confirm this with Airbnb’s support team, as policies can sometimes vary depending on updates or changes to the platform.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Yes @Stacy55, you can modify your old listing, but be cautious. Reusing an old listing for a new property or situation can potentially violate Airbnb’s policies, especially if the space has significantly changed. Here’s what to keep in mind:

1. Airbnb Policy: Modifying an existing listing to represent a different property could be seen as misleading to guests and against Airbnb’s terms of service. Each listing should accurately reflect the specific space being rented.

2. Photos & Descriptions: You can update the photos and descriptions, but only if the new setup is substantially the same as the old one (same location, same type of rental). If there are big changes, creating a new listing might be the better option to stay compliant.

3. Consider Reviews: If the old listing has reviews, they will carry over. This could create confusion for guests if the property is now different. Starting a new listing can give you a clean slate.

To be safe, I’d recommend checking Airbnb’s guidelines or contacting their support to ensure you’re not violating any policies. And if you decide to keep the same listing, it's a good time to optimize it for SEO and competitor analysis to attract more bookings.

Stacy55
Level 2
Saint-Étienne, France

Thank you @Hugo990  for you reply😊. I'll def. check with support team to know further, cause i was wondering if put my old lisitng on pause for a year then come back to airbnb after the long term contract ends. would all the old reveiws stay?  theoretically i think yes... 

@Stacy55 

Yes, if you put your listing on pause or make it inactive for a period (like a year), your reviews will remain on the listing when you reactivate it. Airbnb retains your listing data, including reviews, while it's paused, so when you resume hosting, all the past guest feedback should still be visible on your listing.

However, it’s always a good idea to confirm this with Airbnb’s support team, as policies can sometimes vary depending on updates or changes to the platform.

Stacy55
Level 2
Saint-Étienne, France

Great! Thank you @Hugo990 for your speedy reply and advise. 

I'll def. double check w support team. Enjoy a nice day and have a great weekend!