Can't find our listing

Answered!
Corrie53
Level 1
Park City, UT

Can't find our listing

Hello! We just started hosting our vacation home ourselves, and cannot find our listing. Can anyone find it and/or check to see what we're doing wrong? We're located in Cape Coral, FL. Here's the direct link: 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/585551109604085090?source_impression_id=p3_1708885631_6hMJeGMM9iPGdC4I

I've read other threads on this topic, and tried to follow all the suggestions -- still no luck. If we can't find our own listing, how will others find it??

Thank you!

1 Best Answer

@Corrie53 

I did a search for the area and I can’t seem to find your listing either. It could be affected by the following:

1) Do you have instant book on? Properties with IB show up higher in a search.

2) Do you have your calendar open for at least 6 months? Calendars that are opened further show up higher in searches.

3) Do you have a lot of blocked off dates? The less blocked off dates the higher you will show up.

4) Are your cleaning fees quite high? There are some articles on high cleaning fees having a negative impact on search rankings. Some people just factor in cleaning to the nightly price. Some decrease the cleaning fee and notice their listing shows up higher.

5) Do you have a minimum night stay? This will also alter search visibility if you have a high minimum requirement.

6) Do you have a very strict cancellation policy? Hosts with flexible or moderate tend to show up higher on rankings (according to some threads here).

7) Do you have promotions? These help to be ranked higher in searches, but being new you should be in the first couple of pages as the algorithm does tend to boost new listings initially. I believe the new listings have a 20% off the first three bookings or the first month whichever comes first (make sure you check on this).

If you tried all that, call the support line to have a customer rep to help see if there is a reason why your listing is not showing up. The area seems to have a lot of options so be sure your pricing, amenities, and description is key to highlight your listing on how it is unique to others.

It is best to get a lot of bookings initially so you can have positive reviews and address any issues that you may not have thought of to make your place more comfortable. When we started in 6/2023 we did run specials and don’t have a minimum night stay as to have the most guests to host and to get some feedback and positive reviews. After 2 months I got tired of cleaning frequently and increased my minimum to 2 nights.

Good luck and hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

@Corrie53 

Did you just list your listing? If so it is hidden for 24 hours so you can check how it looks and finalize the arrival guide and some other things that are not allowed to be filled out until your listing goes live.

Thanks for answering -- we listed it a few days ago, and we've completed the arrival guide, so I suspect that's not it? Appreciate your help.

@Corrie53 

I did a search for the area and I can’t seem to find your listing either. It could be affected by the following:

1) Do you have instant book on? Properties with IB show up higher in a search.

2) Do you have your calendar open for at least 6 months? Calendars that are opened further show up higher in searches.

3) Do you have a lot of blocked off dates? The less blocked off dates the higher you will show up.

4) Are your cleaning fees quite high? There are some articles on high cleaning fees having a negative impact on search rankings. Some people just factor in cleaning to the nightly price. Some decrease the cleaning fee and notice their listing shows up higher.

5) Do you have a minimum night stay? This will also alter search visibility if you have a high minimum requirement.

6) Do you have a very strict cancellation policy? Hosts with flexible or moderate tend to show up higher on rankings (according to some threads here).

7) Do you have promotions? These help to be ranked higher in searches, but being new you should be in the first couple of pages as the algorithm does tend to boost new listings initially. I believe the new listings have a 20% off the first three bookings or the first month whichever comes first (make sure you check on this).

If you tried all that, call the support line to have a customer rep to help see if there is a reason why your listing is not showing up. The area seems to have a lot of options so be sure your pricing, amenities, and description is key to highlight your listing on how it is unique to others.

It is best to get a lot of bookings initially so you can have positive reviews and address any issues that you may not have thought of to make your place more comfortable. When we started in 6/2023 we did run specials and don’t have a minimum night stay as to have the most guests to host and to get some feedback and positive reviews. After 2 months I got tired of cleaning frequently and increased my minimum to 2 nights.

Good luck and hope this helps! 

I did discover and fix the issue, and we're now findable on Airbnb. We tried a couple of your suggestions above and moved the exact location on the map so it's more accurate -- and voila!  Thanks again!

@Corrie53,

Glad that it’s now findable in the search! The key is to keep showing the algorithm that you are updating or improving the listing whether it be better pics, a catchy title, increasing some amenities, or adding more to your description of what attractions are nearby and approximate distance and time to get there. 

I know looking at a map of my area sometimes I don’t see my listing and other times it is listed at a price that isn’t correct but when you click on it, it shows the lower price. I have no idea what is going on with that as I’ve noticed it on other listings in my area too. @Bhumika Can you ask the relevant team why this is happening?

You shouldn’t have to zoom into an area to see your listing, especially if you are in the local vicinity. Keeping the parameters above in mind helps and having yourself and or some friends do a general search of the area to see where you show up every so often if helpful. This is how I discovered I had some random 4 night minimum stay on some of my listing dates that I never put on. I discovered this because I noticed my views were down from 300+ over 30 days to 102 views over 30 days. I called customer service and fixed it and got a booking in 2 days for the open space on my calendar. 

Karen4131
Level 10
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Corrie53 . What a fantastic and welcoming place you have. Beautiful rooms and decorations. The house is included in Airbnb's search results if one zooms in on the map at your location. See pictures.

turtle_cove.jpg

You have, for the most part, done everything right. The problem is that the competition is so fierce when searching for "Cape Coral". Airbnb only shows the first 15 pages/300 listings. Those shown are the ones their search algorithm deems easiest to rent out.

When you're new to the market, it can be a bit difficult to break in, as you need to stand out. - How do you do that when, for example, you don't have 5 stars yet, aren't a super host yet, can't compete on a swimming pool because everyone in the area also has one... etc.?

A relatively easy way to enter the market (= get Airbnb's search algorithm to trust that your listing is easy to rent out) is to significantly lower the price at the beginning. You need to get guests in who can give you good reviews - which in turn can also increase your chances of becoming a super host - to really get into the game... Once that's achieved, you can start to raise the price.

Airbnb also has the option to run a campaign where you lower the price by 20% for the first 3 guests. See under Calendar > Pricing > Promotion. If you use that offer, Airbnb states that you will get:

• New line item on your price breakdown
  • Unlocked benefit, Placement in emails to guestsPlacement in emails to guests
  • Unlocked benefit, Special callout on your listing pageSpecial callout on your listing pag

If I were you, I would also put your best photo of the swimming pool as the cover image + place the top 4 pictures at the top of your photo list. Those are the ones that Airbnb shows on a PC. On Iphone you only see the coverphoto at first.

I hope it explained a little about what is going on.

I wish you alle the best.

Karen

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Wow! @Karen4131 @Lorina14 Thank you so much for sharing such detailed tips and suggestions for @Corrie53 😍. You're amazing!

Hi @Corrie53 , did you get a chance to check out these suggestions? There's also an Airbnb article to Confirm that guests can find your listing . Please keep us posted and share which criteria's you've been using to search for your listing, so that our helpful Hosts can share more insights.

Have you managed to find your listing in search since you posted?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes, we are findable in Search, so my issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Hi Bhumika. Thank you for your message. My listing-url. is https://www.airbnb.dk/rooms/43741420

Any advise on the subject would be musch appreciated! 🙂

Hi again Bhumka. I mixes two treads, så ignore the message above 🙂 Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you so much Karen, your input is much appreciated!