Cancelation policy

Cancelation policy

I think it's so unfair that if a host cancels even if the guest is not checking in for 2 months we have to pay 10% . With all the state changing laws about airbnb alot of host are having difficulties getting there listing up to these new codes my sister had to cancel some reservations because she has to go to court. But if she cancels her upcoming reservations she has to pay. Not fair. I have had guest book my house and I don't allow kids under 12 and I have to cancel because they did not read the rules and the guest has no idea how to fix it so I cancel on my end now I can get fined. And tes I know I can call airbnb and explain the situation  but let's face it the operators are not helpfull and I don't think it's fair to the host

2 Replies 2
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Samantha-And-James0 

Sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience of late. You might find some of the tips here helpful for this kind of situation in the future. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Samantha-And-James0 most ties when we have cancellation issues we have worked it with the guest directly. One Covid related issue had to go to Airbnb but they did the right thing at the second time of asking.