Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Check in time

Check in time

Hi! We have been using Airbnb for a year already and we have one specific issue. The automated confirmation message that are being sent to our guests shows our check in time is 4 - 3pm. Tried to contact Airbnb and reasoned out that its due to my 4pm - flexible check in time. However, this is only happening to this specific listing and its only happening now where in we have been using airbnb for a year. 

Does anyone experienced this before or recently? Let me know what you are doing cause we are manually resending our confirmation messages to correct the check in time.

2 Replies 2
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Among-The-Trees0 😊

thank you for asking this in the community! 

Have you seen this conversation in the community about: Pre-Booking Message Causes Problems Re Check-in Time?

I’d like to mention some experienced Hosts: @Joan2709, @Andrea2306 and@Karen114 who might know how to help you.

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Hi @Among-The-Trees0 

Hard to diagnose the issue without seeing the your listing? I work with several Hosts that have 3pm -flexible on their listings. I advise them to manually enter the check-in time in Scheduled Messages, so can't speak to the problem you are experiencing. We just state the check-in time is after 3PM. We do the same with the check-out time just to avoid any issues and don't rely on the shortcuts for that.

On other properties I work with, they do have a specific window for checkin. In this case we also manually enter that time in the scheduled messages just to be on the safe side. For example, check-in between 3pm-10pm. We then add "if you know your approximate time of arrival, please let us know via an Airbnb message."

Of course, if you change the check-in times at a later date, you would have to manually update the scheduled check-in message.  Here is an example of how a property with a 3pm-flexible check-in time looks for one of the listings in a scheduled message:

Joan2709_0-1727398395707.png