Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Custom trip lengths

Answered!
Dave969
Level 1
Saint-Malo, France

Custom trip lengths

My list of custom trip lengths has disappeared, I know they still exist but I can't see the list, anybody know why?

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709 , thanks so much for tagging!

@Dave969 @Shelley159 I wanted to update this thread that Airbnb is aware of a recent bug that may have impacted hosts’ ability to update custom trip lengths. This bug has been fixed and this feature’s functionality has been restored. 

If you believe your account was impacted by this bug, please visit your availability settings to confirm accurate custom trip lengths.

In case the issue persists, feel free to tag me!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

@Dave969 

I just checked, mine too! Looks like the problem is on both the app & web ...

Thanks Shelley, I'm kind of glad it's not just me. Any idea what we have to do to get it fixed?

Shelley159
Top Contributor

@Dave969 

Unfortunalely it seems to be more than just a problem with the list of dates not being visible.

I have some single nights open between bookings. I changed their lenghts to 1 night so they can get booked, but they are all now showing not available (due to regular minimum stay). This means my custom trip lengths were deleted ...

Ok, the opposite has happened with me, I had a two night gap in a period that I had customed to three nights, it was blocked so the site was respecting the custom three nights, my standard minimum is two nights.

Shelley159
Top Contributor

@Dave969 

In my case it looks like the minimum stays that I set with ProTools rule sets are still in place. But all of my straightforward calendar custom trip lengths have disappeared from both of my listings. I've just entered them again, but I'm worried I may be missing some.

If I miss putting something back it could cause issues, but thanks so much for pointing it out or it would've been much worse! I would've missed some single-night bookings that are coming up soon. I hope others read this thread and check whether their custom trip lengths are still in place.

Thanks Shelley, the Airbnb Support Escalations team are on the case now.

@Dave969 

Thanks so much for posting here regarding this as it surely affects many Hosts. Unfortunately, many Hosts are probably not even aware their custom settings have been deleted! This will be an unhappy situation for sure. Perhaps the recent problems with being able to see the calendar in the App are related to this also?

As @Shelley159 mentioned, it sounds like if Pro Tools is used and a Rule Set applied, there isn't an issue? We only use Rule Sets for custom min stays and so far they are still working. We never use the custom min stays on the regular calendar, although I can understand that would be easier. Many Hosts are not even aware that Pro Tools and rules sets are available to them. 

@Rebecca , could you kindly forward this issue to the same team working on the App calendar bug? Perhaps there is a connection? I foresee many unhappy Hosts down the line if this isn't corrected. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709 , thanks so much for tagging!

@Dave969 @Shelley159 I wanted to update this thread that Airbnb is aware of a recent bug that may have impacted hosts’ ability to update custom trip lengths. This bug has been fixed and this feature’s functionality has been restored. 

If you believe your account was impacted by this bug, please visit your availability settings to confirm accurate custom trip lengths.

In case the issue persists, feel free to tag me!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines