Decreased bookings due to influx of Airbnbs

Genevieve346
Level 1
Hector, NY

Decreased bookings due to influx of Airbnbs

Hi!

My Airbnb has always brought in close to what could be considered a full time in come, this season it is down close to 75%. I am almost a 5 star superhost. Is anyone else experiencing this, this year, and do you have any suggestions? I have dropped my prices close to 50% but that has not had an effect. Plus added it to two more rental platforms. Thanks for any advice and tips!

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Genevieve346 👋

I'm sorry you've seen a reduction in bookings. We've got a great group of Hosts and I'll tag a few into this thread who might be able to pop by:

@Eileen462, @Shelley159 , @Helen56  - could you offer @Genevieve346 some constructive advice and support?

I also found these great steps that might help make your listing more competitive

If you have the time, you could always post in the other boards which are very insightful! 

Ask about your listing - You can ask other Hosts to critique your listing, you could be pleasantly surprised at what other people see!

Advice on your space - This is great for general questions about your space specifically, for example, the amenities that you have at the property to what types of sheets that you use.

I hope this helps 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Genevieve346 

I have seen some other hosts in the US mention the same issue on this board, and some hosts replied that the economy has slowed down and that there are more short-term rentals available these days.

From your side you can just check that you haven't perhaps done anything unusual to your listing that is making it harder for people to book. Check your minimum stays and trip rules and restricted check-in/check-out days. It's good to go in as a guest to dates that you would like someone to book, and to check whether your listing shows up - I have seen my own listings not showing up many times, because of restrictions that I had forgotten about!

Also, if you are now getting bookings from other sources for the first time, you could have fewer bookable dates on your calendar for Airbnb guests. This can perhaps count against you a little bit in rankings (depending on how many competing Airbnbs there are in your area).