Difficulty with editing check in instructions and photos

Elizabeth815
Level 2
New York, NY

Difficulty with editing check in instructions and photos

Hello hosts-

I’d like to share my latest difficulty with airbnb. My guests have been arriving with outdated check in instructions from over a year ago. For the life of me I could not even find the old instructions so I could edit or delete them. Even a call to customer service was no help (no surprise there). After a search in this forum (thank you!) found out why. You can only add step by step photos on the app and this feature is not available on a computer.  Well blow me down with a feather!  If I can add/edit photos on my listing and my guidebook on a computer, why can’t I do that with the check in instructions. This has caused me considerable consternation  and extra work.  And it reflects poorly on customer service that no one (she put me on hold to get some advice) could just tell me to do it on the app. I wanted to share this with anyone else who may be having the same problem.  Thanks for listening to my complaint

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Elizabeth815  I am sorry that you had this problem and received poor help from CS.  The fact that what is on the App is different than what is on the computer (desktop) interface is why I do not enter access instructions on the website, but rather send them to the guest in an email prior to their arrival date.  I request that the guest acknowledge receipt of the instructions, and if they don't email or text back, I send them additional messages via the platform until they do.

We are in the mountains and guests will typically not have good phone service to access the App or the web for instructions until they are connected to my Wifi, so they have to have it printed out prior to arrival.

Marta1507
Level 1
Revelstoke, Canada

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm currently experiencing the same issue and fairly new to the Airbnb platform. Where in the mobile app are you able to edit the photos? We've had some changes to our building and I want to ensure guests have clear, up-to-date photos. I can find the written check-in instructions, but the photos seem to be off in the ether somewhere.

Thank you in advance!

Marta