Does anyone have a Pet Policy I can use?

Answered!
Michelle3590
Level 1
Keller, TX

Does anyone have a Pet Policy I can use?

I recently allowed pets in our cabin in Oklahoma and I'm looking for a Pet Policy to add to my templates.

Thanks in advance.

Michelle

1 Best Answer

Hi @Michelle3590 !

Many hosts are starting to allow pets to encourage more bookings. It's hard to know if it actually helps, as there is no "accepts pets" filter when guests are searching listings. Guests have to manually search each listing to see if pets are mentioned in the description or under House Rules. Many suggest putting "Pet Friendly" in your title or first few sentences of your description.

Each property is very different and a Pet Policy that works for one will not work for another. Typically I see things such as:

•All pets must be listed on reservation when booking

•Indicate the number/type of pets you will permit (some areas don't accept certain breeds. Some hosts only accept dogs - no cats). Decide if you want to limit size of dog. However, many guests will ignore this restriction and bring a Great Dane when your weight limitation was 50lbs!

•Must be housebroken (no puppies!)

•No pets on furniture/beds (this is tough to enforce though)

•Please bring your pet's towels (for wiping paws) and their pet bed (and crate if using)

•Not left alone in home or tied up outside (damages inside; barking outside)

•Please pick up all pet poo (some hosts add a fine for not picking up poo 😊)

•Set your Pet fee (right now can only add per stay when booking)

•If you allow visitors - we note they are not permitted to bring pets

•Fine for for undisclosed/unapproved pets

Inevitably, someone will try to sneak in extra pets. Security cameras are your best friend if need be 😊 . Some hosts provide food/water bowls, treats, poo bags and pooper scooper to help avoid issues. CAUTION: Never refer to a service animal as a pet in ANY communication with a guest. This Airbnb Help Article discusses more tips:

What You Need to Know About Hosting Pets

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/what-you-need-to-know-about-hosting-pets-463

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes and share what your Pet Policy will be!

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Michelle3590 ,

As it has been a while, did you happen to update or create a template to let guests know of your pet policy? 

If you are still looking for help, I would recommend you to also search on the Community Center with keywords ''Pet policy'' and it should give you options with similar discussions.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Michelle3590 !

Many hosts are starting to allow pets to encourage more bookings. It's hard to know if it actually helps, as there is no "accepts pets" filter when guests are searching listings. Guests have to manually search each listing to see if pets are mentioned in the description or under House Rules. Many suggest putting "Pet Friendly" in your title or first few sentences of your description.

Each property is very different and a Pet Policy that works for one will not work for another. Typically I see things such as:

•All pets must be listed on reservation when booking

•Indicate the number/type of pets you will permit (some areas don't accept certain breeds. Some hosts only accept dogs - no cats). Decide if you want to limit size of dog. However, many guests will ignore this restriction and bring a Great Dane when your weight limitation was 50lbs!

•Must be housebroken (no puppies!)

•No pets on furniture/beds (this is tough to enforce though)

•Please bring your pet's towels (for wiping paws) and their pet bed (and crate if using)

•Not left alone in home or tied up outside (damages inside; barking outside)

•Please pick up all pet poo (some hosts add a fine for not picking up poo 😊)

•Set your Pet fee (right now can only add per stay when booking)

•If you allow visitors - we note they are not permitted to bring pets

•Fine for for undisclosed/unapproved pets

Inevitably, someone will try to sneak in extra pets. Security cameras are your best friend if need be 😊 . Some hosts provide food/water bowls, treats, poo bags and pooper scooper to help avoid issues. CAUTION: Never refer to a service animal as a pet in ANY communication with a guest. This Airbnb Help Article discusses more tips:

What You Need to Know About Hosting Pets

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/what-you-need-to-know-about-hosting-pets-463

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes and share what your Pet Policy will be!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

This is amazing!! @Michelle3590 , Hope you get a chance to view Joan's suggestions and update your pet policy to your liking.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines