Problem opening nights?

Answered!
Ben98
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Problem opening nights?

I have been trying to open 2 weekends in July since May 3rd. I have called airbnb about 12 times, each time being promised a return call from a manager or supervisor with no call back.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Here is a screen capture video:

https://youtu.be/rAUnTa0nOPw

Any suggestion are thankfully welcomed!

Ben

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ben98 

Yes...since the update, lots of bugs with trip length and custom settings. Try turning on Pro Tools and use Rule sets to override the setting, or apply new ones to your calendar. All hosts can do this, even if you only have one property (previously, Airbnb restricted Pro Tools to Hosts with 6 or more properties). So far it has been working for other hosts with the same issues. Link for Community Guide for Using Pro Tools (has screen shots) below: 

Pro Tools.png

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Ben98 

Yes...since the update, lots of bugs with trip length and custom settings. Try turning on Pro Tools and use Rule sets to override the setting, or apply new ones to your calendar. All hosts can do this, even if you only have one property (previously, Airbnb restricted Pro Tools to Hosts with 6 or more properties). So far it has been working for other hosts with the same issues. Link for Community Guide for Using Pro Tools (has screen shots) below: 

Pro Tools.png

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

So it turns out that I had pro tools on already.

But your tip took me in another direction towards the discounts area. I lost track of were I was, but I tripped across a second location berried in there somewhere where the is ANOTHER min might stay field that was set to 4. I set that to 2 and was able to open those weekends!

The real question is...Why did I have to call airbnb support at least 12 times since May 3, 2023, each time being promised a call back, and never receiving one. I spent about 3 to 4 hours on the phone, most of those calls included a scree share so the rep could see exact ally what I was experiencing. And no of them knew there is a second spot for min night stays?

Wow, I am blown away with how horrible Airbnb customer service has gotten. A few years back I would have given them 5/5 stars for CS. Now I'd write a review that starts with "I'd give zero stars if I could"

Anyway, @Joan2709 Thank you, your answer, It  didn't actually fix the issue, but it did get me thinking in another direction!

Ben

So glad you were able to fix this (in a roundabout way 😂). Sounds very frustrating, but at least you can now have some "bookable" dates!

I think your video of the Calendar was the standard view calendar? One thing I have found is to use the multicalendar (strip view) when I'm trying to find a Rule Set for dates. This is because the shading will appear on the multicalendar view and I know I have put a Rule Set on that date. You can't see the shading on the standard view calendar.

Multcalendar Display.png

Cheers!