Error code: 404 - what's going on?

Sonia1912
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Error code: 404 - what's going on?

I have some listing that are managed by a company.  They've been up for a month or two now. 

About 10 days ago, 1 listing went dark - the link just went to a page that said Error code: 404, and it could not be found on the website by doing a search for that location.  A week later it reappeared. The management company said Airbnb had to do additional verifications.

Then the 2nd listing went dark - same thing. It has been 4 or 5 days now.  We've had quite a few guests and good reviews.  So what was the problem?

What's going on? Is this really something that Airbnb does? Take down listings for a week at a time to verify things? I have not been asked to provide any additional info. Summer is the busiest season and this is eating into my ROI!!

Anyone have any answers?

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sonia1912,

I just wanted to check in and ask if this issue has been resolved for you. Have there been any updates since you posted here?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Sonia1912 

Generally Airbnb has suspended the listing. It is generally due to a guest complaint involving safety issue, undisclosed cameras, discrimination of some sort, or parties occuring at the property. They suspend the listing (s) while they investigate. You might want to contact your management company to see if there were any issues at the properties.