Exploring Host Interest in Recreational Rentals for Enhanced Guest Experience

Matthew2234
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

Exploring Host Interest in Recreational Rentals for Enhanced Guest Experience

I’m exploring an idea to provide recreational rentals like golf carts, boats, kayaks, etc. to AirBNB Hosts. We’re considering offering these rentals as a value added service for Airbnb hosts to offer their guests to enhance their stay and make your listings more attractive.

I’m curious—how interested would you be in partnering with a service like this? Have you had any guest inquiries about renting recreational equipment, and do you think this could add value to your listing?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

2 Replies 2

Hi Matthew,

Currently, the Airbnb "Experiences" platform is paused, which limits hosts from officially listing add-ons like recreational rentals directly through Airbnb.

However, there’s still a workaround: hosts can mention these rental options in the property listing details and coordinate payment using Airbnb's Resolution Center. This way, guests are aware of the offerings, and payment can be collected either before the stay begins or during the reservation.

This approach ensures everything remains transparent and within Airbnb’s guidelines. It could be a great way to provide extra value to guests while ensuring a smooth transaction process for both hosts and guests. If you're able to streamline the rental process and equipment delivery, I can see this being a great value-add for hosts looking to enhance their guest experience.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with theCommunity Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

@Alicia753 

The only question I have is any income received on Airbnb is reported to

the government as rental income,  Not probably a big deal when minor add ons but how would that work at the higher priced rentals and how would you declare on a Hosts taxes the expense paid to a 3rd party rental?