False hidden camera report!

Answered!

False hidden camera report!

A guest just reported that they thought I had a hidden camera in my bathroom. They didn’t even message me to ask about it. It’s a light in our automatic fan that shows it’s on to start when it senses humidity. I absolutely do not have a hidden camera. I am not trying to go to prison.. ridiculous 

Now my property is delisted and I can’t take new reservations. 
What’s even more frustrating is that I can’t get a hold of Airbnb to help me! I’ve called several times and they keep telling me that the dedicated team will reach out. Which they have yet to do and it’s been almost 2 days. 
What I want to know is who is going to compensate me for my lost earnings!

I have been a super host for 5 years. No issues. This was this guests FIRST time using Airbnb.

Airbnb’s loyalty to their hosts is absolutely garbage. The fact that they don’t give the host a chance to explain before delisting is absolutely insane.

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I bet the manufacturer of that fan never envisioned how their little innocent light in their product could possibly cause so much chaos in a 'Land of Paranoia'.

I would send Airbnb the brand and model number to help them make a wise decision.

Btw, you do have a nice place and an excellent record, at least in the listing still showing. I am assuming this concerns a different place than the one showing?

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I bet the manufacturer of that fan never envisioned how their little innocent light in their product could possibly cause so much chaos in a 'Land of Paranoia'.

I would send Airbnb the brand and model number to help them make a wise decision.

Btw, you do have a nice place and an excellent record, at least in the listing still showing. I am assuming this concerns a different place than the one showing?

I’m sure they didn’t! And yes, I have two listings. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Marissa-And-Josh0 ,

I am so sorry to hear about this situation! Just wanted to confirm do you have more than one listing. As I can see that your listing is active when I click on your view profile. Please feel free to let us know if you still need help with it.

Bhumika_0-1687527790247.png
On a side note, Lovely to see that your guests leave you some really nice reviews. All the best and keep in touch!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika. I do have two listings. My main listing has been unlisted. I spoke with someone from Airbnb yesterday. Supposedly they are sending pictures I sent of my fan to the guests that reported it as a camera. Now I’m waiting for the guest? 
I can’t believe I have to wait. I’ve been a trusted host for 5 years, and Airbnb is putting the priority to a guest that just started an account. I’m the meantime I continue to lose money. 

69A5D25B-DE2B-4775-8392-E82EECFBA4A0.jpeg

7D633267-537E-402D-B027-FE86DF76F3DB.jpeg

Has this been resolved for you? We're going through the same exact thing but the representatives we have spoke with will not tell us ANYTHING. So we have no idea what they may think is the camera. We've had 2 guests check in since the report of the alleged camera and have had the cleaning company do several recorded walk-thrus to include pre reservation photos of the listing. No luck, and now it's unlisted. We've asked to have it escalated and were told she can't/won't since she's the highest rep... which was the first rep we spoke with.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! We even tried reaching out to the guest several times and offered for her to work with local authorities to help us locate the camera if she wasn't comfortable talking to us if she truly believes there is a camera there.

Check to see if there is ANYTHING that could look like a security camera, any kind of lights automatically flashing etc. similar to the screenshots shared in this topic. 

We have nothing in our listing that looks like that. We even uploaded and sent airbnb an entire walk through of the property from the cleaning company