Help about smart lock

Answered!
Valbona8
Level 2
Vlorë, Albania

Help about smart lock

about smart lock and the way of check-in with lock-box as some of guest adviced me to a better check-in  which could help them be more independent...thanks

1 Best Answer

https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Deadbolt-BE489WB-CAM-619/dp/B07HX9GSJM  Yes..I chose Enschlage Code...with WiFi connection...was really a smart lock all functions in one...even battery more efficient...etc.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Debra699
Level 4
Decatur, GA

I use Schlage smart lock. I am able to set up unique codes for each guest and I can manage it remotely. Just remember to change the batteries regularly. I would use a lockbox as a backup in the event the door code doesnt work.

Hope this helps!

Deb

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Valbona8 , did you get a chance to have a look at @Debra699 's recommendation? 

Reading your post, I'm curious to know what's the current check-in process for your guest? It's so nice to read that you're taking your guest feedback into account and looking for solutions. 🌻

Smart locks have been a hot topic here in the community , so I wanted to share these related conversations, for you to explore : Check the conversations here .

I'm also inviting a few more experienced Hosts who had previously discussed about best smart locks if they can help us here : @Nur785 @Christine3142 @Dave-and-Deb0 @Margaret491 @Bronwyn100 😊

Host @Debra300 has also shared some tried and tested recommendations in a thread hereI wonder if she has a suitable advice for us! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bhumika,

At our Atlanta rentals, we have the same setup as @Debra699, a Schlage Encode smart and we assign the last 4 digits of the guest's phone number as the door code. The things that I like most are that it doesn't require a separate wifi gateway and the keypad is not separate from the lick.  These two features save on additional batteries and electricity   I prefer not to integrate our locks with Airbnb to maintain control of when (or if, in situations where guests haven't completed all of the booking  requirements). 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for sharing @Debra300 , I hope yours and @Debra699 's insights help @Valbona8 to select a suitable smartlock for their listing 🌻

-----

Yes I've seen 3 types...and I'll choose...thanks

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Do keep us posted @Valbona8 on which smart lock you eventually choose and the factors you consider in selecting it! It will help many Hosts referring to this discussion! 🌻 

Are you thinking of choosing a Schlage smart lock too? Or prefer any other brand?

-----

https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Deadbolt-BE489WB-CAM-619/dp/B07HX9GSJM  Yes..I chose Enschlage Code...with WiFi connection...was really a smart lock all functions in one...even battery more efficient...etc.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

That's amazing @Valbona8 😍 ! Thanks so much for sharing it with us 🌻 

We look forward to your review with this lock and how guests interact with it 😉 Hope you'll keep us posted how it's useful in the long run 😃

-----

😀🫠

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Haha! I am not going to lie if I say I laughed seeing the melt emoji 😂 🫠 

Hope this new addition to the listing helps smoothen the check-in process for guests. All the best with everything @Valbona8 😊 

-----

Thanks to you to Bhumika...